2 threads - 'airbrushed'?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: 2 threads - 'airbrushed'?

Postby maddy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:39 pm

I was only answering the question Julian. I have instigated nothing, and certainly not round 2.I got the answers to my question from the few helpful replies left on my original thread.

your 3 posts already on here consist of:

Julian:´here we go..round 2´

Julian:´go for it !!!´

Julian:´ :clap: :clap: ´

All 3 made today!Wow!what great contributions you make to this site. :roll:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

did any of my 3 posts say anything against you or your posts? I was all for it, that´s why I said "go for it"...seems you are a bit on the defensive maddy, feeling guilty about something?

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:14 am

maddy wrote:the second one was where jane grant said it wasnt her that retroP was accusing of being a troll. it was stated that it was princess peach,
No it wasn't. Retro.P did not accuse me or anyone else of being a troll, nor did any one say it was Princess Peach. A few others were mentioned as well.

The first thread got out of hand, and probably should have been airbrushed, which made the second post pointless. :yawn:
I can spell but I can't type

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:22 am

The Maddy post has gone yes??just like many other posts that get out of hand or that arent relavent to the forum,get took off.

So why does "Pauly" feel the need to bring it all back up again????
Because he likes to stir up trouble.!
and here we go again,Maddy pops up,"claiming" that im the troll.. :thumbup:

Maddy if you think im the troll,please contact Admin with your suspicions,Tell them everything you know. :thumbup:

Im not contributing to this stupid pointless post again,I dont particularly care if you think im a troll.
Maddy I now know who you are, due to another member kindly informing me,please dont "PM" me again in your other username..im not interested in talking to you(hence the reason why i didnt reply) :lolno:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:30 am

I wish I hadn´t asked now.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 pm

"It should not be "exclusively for UK residents"
Why not? The Government have decided they want to introduce an ID card for UK residents only, I think you'll find they can do that. I'm not sure why you think you should be included, you chose to emigrate, so don't qualify. Whereas thousands of immigrants to UK, now residents, from all over the world will qualify.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:53 pm

frank wrote:"It should not be "exclusively for UK residents"
Why not? The Government have decided they want to introduce an ID card for UK residents only, I think you'll find they can do that. I'm not sure why you think you should be included, you chose to emigrate, so don't qualify. Whereas thousands of immigrants to UK, now residents, from all over the world will qualify.
I am still a citizen of the UK, wherever choose to live.
I have a UK passport because I am a citizen of the UK.
So why shouldn't I have a UK ID card which can, legally, be used as identification and travel anywhere within the EU?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Without wishing to labour the point, the conditions state that to qualify you must,
"Hold a UK passport that was valid on or after 1st January 2009, be a British citizen, aged 16 or over, reside in the UK"
You clearly don't reside in UK, so are disqualified. Who knows, maybe at a later date they will include UK emigrants, but at the moment they do not meet the basic requirements.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Plus as a uk resident with a house in Spain, although I'm in the tax system over there and have NIE and suchlike I don't get the perks that you residents get.......and have had to endure the "foreigners" wealth tax amongst other added on expenses through not being a resident.

Swings and round abouts :thumbup: ..............one rule for residents and one for non residents, it's not just the UK :think:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 pm

frank wrote:Without wishing to labour the point, the conditions state that to qualify you must,
"Hold a UK passport that was valid on or after 1st January 2009, be a British citizen, aged 16 or over, reside in the UK"
You clearly don't reside in UK, so are disqualified. Who knows, maybe at a later date they will include UK emigrants, but at the moment they do not meet the basic requirements.
That is the whole point of the petition. :wtf: :wtf:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 pm

princess peach wrote:and here we go again,Maddy pops up,"claiming" that im the troll.. :thumbup:

Maddy if you think im the troll,please contact Admin with your suspicions,Tell them everything you know. :thumbup:
princes peach:please read my post and not jane grants snippet:i said that you are one of the few who answered my question helpfully.at no-time have i said you are the troll.i haave only repeated what was stated on the previous thread for jools benefit.

princess peach wrote:Maddy I now know who you are, due to another member kindly informing me,please dont "PM" me again in your other username..im not interested in talking to you(hence the reason why i didnt reply) :lolno:
princess peach:i am happy for you to openly tell everyone on here ´who i am´ as your above statment is a lie.i havent pmd you in any username my own or otherwise.i am waiting for you to tell everyone ´who i am´ because i know you cant as you are lieing and now when there is no reply everyone will know you made this up.

Pauly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pauly » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="princess peach"]
So why does "Pauly" feel the need to bring it all back up again????
Because he likes to stir up trouble.!

Im not contributing to this stupid pointless post again,I dont particularly care if you think im a troll.
quote]

:wtf: I don't see how commenting on the removal of a couple of threads constitutes stirring up trouble. Seems to me like you've one huge chip on your shoulder.

Ever thought of treatment?

So you're not going to contribute again to this thread? Believe it when I see it :lolno:
dos cervezas por favor

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:00 am

Surely if I have a British passport that makes me a British national no matter where I live or How long I live outside the UK

Pauly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pauly » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:10 pm

maddy wrote:
princess peach wrote:and here we go again,Maddy pops up,"claiming" that im the troll.. :thumbup:
princess peach wrote:Maddy I now know who you are, due to another member kindly informing me,please dont "PM" me again in your other username..im not interested in talking to you(hence the reason why i didnt reply) :lolno:
princess peach:i am happy for you to openly tell everyone on here ´who i am´ as your above statment is a lie.i havent pmd you in any username my own or otherwise.i am waiting for you to tell everyone ´who i am´ because i know you cant as you are lieing and now when there is no reply everyone will know you made this up.
Goodness me ladies!! One moment you're all lovey dovey and united against the cruel world and the next you're fighting like fish wives!
dos cervezas por favor

ScamBuster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ScamBuster » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Attempt to sound more convincing by arguing with ones self.

Classic troll tactic.

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Er...what's a troll anyway??
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:51 am

Hi tjtops,
Some light reading...................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks Enrique....and there was me thinking it was someone who lived in a cave.. :oops: .or was that a trog...????
Life is as good as you make it, just keep my glass half full