Members who have never posted

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Members who have never posted

Postby Mowser » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Welcome back eveyon. I think the best thing to do is ignore the posts you don't like, or report the ones you feel go over the score.
Un brazo de Frigiliana.
Dave

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Welcome back from me too. I see no reason why you should get any nasty replies.

You may not have posted lately but if you have got some useful information from here then, as far as I am concerned, that is what it is all about. Job done.

Please feel free to ask questions if you don't find the answer to any question you may have. In between the off topic comments etc you will get an answer, as long as someone knows it, which they normally do.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 pm

And a Hearty Return Welcome from me too, Eveyon.

It was interesting to note your reasons for not posting recently, and it has confirmed my suspicions.

I hope that you are able to add helpful or interesting topics and comments yourself..

And I do agree with you about the rather insulting topics that do appear, however some are very definitely written 'tongue in cheek' and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Regards,
Gordon..

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Welcome, eveyon and hopefully now you have posted, others like yourself who only use the forum for information will say hi too :wave:

That's fine, of course, no-one should feel they HAVE to post - I go long periods without saying anything, mainly because I can't think of anything to say lol ! I'm not put off by the bombastic people though, and some of them have been extremely helpful when I've asked a question. Everyone has more than one side to their character but can appear one dimensional in print and it takes a while to get to know the person.

I am about to start a thread and I can almost 'see' the people who will think it petty :yawn: Don't care lol Image!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm

..and a genuine welcome back from me too. I hope you will stay around and linger a while and even if you don't feel like joining in , at least if you get some information out of the site it is something positive gained.

I have found quite a lot of information here that is really useful. OH, who is not a member, has now even got to the point of asking me to ask on here if he can't find an answer to something, so it must be doing something right.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:26 pm

..and from me also! As has been said above, sometimes posts are made "tongue in cheek" and sometimes the way they are written can be read "the wrong way". Unlike face to face conversations, messages posted on the internet cannot convey the nuances that speech does.
Don't be put off and if you find yourself upset by what you regard as a nasty response, ignore it. You are then on the high moral ground, a good place to be and it probably frustrates the person wanting to pick a fight! If you can't do that, then give as good as you get without getting personal - oops, the moderator might not like me saying that!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Well this thread has certainly rallied the troops. Anyone finding all these new welcome posts a bit yuk and sugary...no, perhaps not :mrgreen:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 pm

katy wrote:Well this thread has certainly rallied the troops. Anyone finding all these new welcome posts a bit yuk and sugary...no, perhaps not :mrgreen:
Welcome back katy. I missed you. :oops:
Dave

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Katy quipped....''Well this thread has certainly rallied the troops. Anyone finding all these new welcome posts a bit yuk and sugary...no, perhaps not :mrgreen:[/quote]

Maybe so, but it has to be a preferable greeting to being accused of being a Troll or a wind up, a liar etc., :eh:
Regards,
Gordon

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm

katy wrote: Anyone finding all these new welcome posts a bit yuk and sugary...no, perhaps not :mrgreen:
Personally I haven't been here much lately, it's all a bit quiet and the same old same old! :D Whilst there is no need for rudeness or confrontation, a sanistised, sterilized forum where everyone writes sickly sweet sycophantic nonsense and everyone agrees with everyone else will hardly get the forum back up and firing on all cylinders. Certainly in my experience of forums, the controversial threads are the one's that normally generate most interest, and providing nobody resorts to shouting personal abuse, bring it on! :D Certainly more interesting than some of the threads that I usually bypass here nowadays. Queue the luvvies! :lolno:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Well, dare I say welcome back Frank :mrgreen: sincerely, I was beginning to think you had been banned :lol: I am getting a bit scared to post on this new forum, feeling really timid :think:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha - oops must get a grip! A timid Katy..............hahahahahahaha - oh dear, there I go again!

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 am

...perhaps you could start a controversial thread for us, Frank, so we " sycophants" can join in the interesting discussion and show you we have totally differing opinions about most things, apart from one - politeness.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 am

katy wrote:Well, dare I say welcome back Frank :mrgreen: sincerely, I was beginning to think you had been banned :lol: I am getting a bit scared to post on this new forum, feeling really timid :think:
Me? Banned? :D You're mixing me up with someone else, how dare you! :lol: Nope, never been banned from any forum, I'm too well behaved! Still pop in from time to time to read DA and a few others.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 am

Frank
I agree with most of what you say. The most interesting threads are those where people disagree or don't have the same opinion. What is unhelpful is things like "Queue the luvvies! "
If a poster doesn't think all people from minorities should be taken out at dawn and shot, you are a tree hugging lefty (An extreme example I know but you get my point)
A simple "I agree" or "I don't agree" is enough to say where you stand.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:12 pm

What's wrong with the "queue the luvvies" statement? Seriously I'm asking as I don't see anything wrong with it. It can't be construed as abusive. Don't you ever smile at some peoples comments? Even Retro made me laugh quite often. If the forum is to be full of "Hi how are you"," Hello, big cuddles and welcome", "I agree", "I don't agree" it would be more interesting joining a knitting circle.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Almost all of the members of the forum members want, I think, is to be able to post or comment without continuous aggravation from the few who seem to take pleasure in upsetting people.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, but when it gets into slanging matches it becomes extremely immature and childish, surely everyone can have a laugh without all this.
I'm totally against over-zealous regulation, but if the few troublemakers insist on disrupting the forum, then I'm all for their posts being removed and as a last resort being 'excommunicated'..
I do believe in showing respect to everyone, even when I don't agree with what they are saying, and being polite is certainly not a bad thing....unless you are a totally an ignorant person...

I just wonder what sort of lives some people lead, when they can only get their kicks by trying to goad and upset others.
The majority of the disrupters try very hard not to let anyone know of their true identity,that's fine if they act normally, but when it is done to hide their cowardly acts then really they do seem to have personality problems..

That's my opinion...anyway...

Regards,
Gordon...

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Paula
I just think it´s unnecessary
There are many on here, me included, for who it wouldn't cause a problem and would be like water off a duck's back The problem is that some members don't post because of the response they may receive.
We now know, after various posters offering their opinion, that this is true because eveyon has told us that was her reason for not posting before.
I think it´s unreasonable to expect people to take abuse,even in jest, on a forum like this.especially if they are newbies

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 pm

The forum reflects life; some people are nice and some less nice. Some people take ages to say nothing and others use a few short words. I've had serious abuse on here in the past and been called all sorts of names I had to look up. I know I've dished out real sarcasm to a few people in my turn. Obviously I think personal abuse is unreasonable at any time but some people seem to be very sensitive souls while others have the skin of a rhino. It takes all sorts ...

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:20 pm

That's my point though, who are these imaginary people who are always being nasty and abusive :?: I just don't see any regular posters doing that.