CENSORSHIP RULES OKAY

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: CENSORSHIP RULES OKAY

Postby IreneD » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 pm

And I would also add (creep, creep :angel: ) that the prolific posters in the main are knowledgeable about Andalucia and/or the various boards topics, computers for example and give a lot of valuable information.

Have I dug myself out? :lol:

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeh I rene - it's only a little teeny hole now :lol: :lol: :lol:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Whew! Hardly noticeable eh? :thumbup:

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

'We generally discourage posts about world events, member’s home country events, politics or television programmes.'

TOPICS
Should britain pay benefits...?
Higgs Bosun.
Wimbeldon.
Etc

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Barry
You are correct, those particular topics where off topic.
BUT don't forget the mods are volunteers, they don't spend 24/7 reading every post to see if it is off topic.
BUT occasionally, topics go way off topic and sometimes turn bitchy and nasty, as this one might do soon, then , if it is brought to their attention or they notice it, it is moved or deleted.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:04 pm

barry wrote:'We generally discourage posts about world events, member’s home country events, politics or television programmes.'

TOPICS
Should britain pay benefits...?
Higgs Bosun.
Wimbeldon.
Etc
Yes they are all off topic according to the House Rules.

As a result of the attention that the two posts that were moved brought to the subject of off topic posts, in future the rule will be taken more seriously and enforced more stringently.

We are currently trying to find a way of making it possible to post off topic subjects in future.

The only section where they are allowed is the Amigos Lounge and as access is restricted, we are looking at that aspect as well but I think it is highly unlikely that there will be free access in future.

Sid

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 pm

OK - I have sorted it out.

From now on entry to the Lounge will be after 25 posts. Anyone who has more than 25 posts will need to apply for entry by PM to a mod. There may be a delay as requests have to be batched for technical reasons.

New threads that do not meet the criteria laid out in the House Rules regarding relevance to Andalucia should be posted only in the Lounge. If they are posted in another section they will get moved to the Lounge.

Sid