Edit

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
spanish hopes

Edit

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:35 am

I don't know how difficult it is for admin to incorporate the 'edit' facility into the forums but now that they appear to have assistance perhaps it could be considered.
I realise that cutting, pasting, and deleting then re-posting is an option, it would be much easier for those with thick and wayward fingers such as I to correct typographical errors if the edit facility were available.
Come on admin give it some thought, make your new moderator earn his wages.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:11 pm

There was some talk about this when they changed to this new style forum. There was a reason why they did not want to activate the edit facility but I can't now remember what it was. Perhaps someone will tell us!

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:27 am

anyone know how i can change my username? :P

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:44 am

Alan la cala changed his but that was because he moved from Cheam to La Cala. I think he just asked admin to do it.

Try sending a PM to admin but you may need to just set yourself up with another account with the name you want to use.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:15 pm

I did try to post this as a separate topic, but got the message that only administrators can post topics here. Why is that? Anyway sorry to divert from the thread but I thought Forum would be the right place to suggest that an archive on the site could be very useful. There are perennial questions that come up, generally on the problems of Spanish taxation and property dealing procedures and there have been some excellent threads dealing with these topics. Unfortunately during spring cleaning sessions some of these got consigned to the dustbin of history. It would be a helpful addition to the site if there was a place where these threads dealing with FAQs could be kept until they are no longer relevant, rather than being deleted along with all the more transient stuff.
Grouser

redsoxbrit
Resident

FAQ

Postby redsoxbrit » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:18 am

What a marvelous suggestion! I sometimes find I need an answer to a problem that didn't affect me at the time of posting but feel reluctant to ask again for fear of being belittled by the regulars that trawl this forum solely for that purpose.......

andalucia
Site Admin

Due to popular demand

Postby andalucia » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:53 am

Good morning, apologies for not responding sooner but this has been a busy period for us as we are moving offices soon.

Due to popular demand we have now enabled the ability to edit and delete your previous posts should you wish. We do however ask that you use your newly obtained abilities responsibly otherwise we may have to remove them again.

As for the ability to change your user-name, I am afraid we must decline due to the fact that we get many SPAM companies and abusive people trying to be added on to the forums every day. Therefore by denying this we will hopefully be maintaining a serious and well kept forum that can be of use to anyone who wishes to use it for valid reasons. As has been mentioned, should there be a situation where you need to change your name then contact us and we will change it on your behalf.

Finally, for Grouser, at some stage along the way we appear to have lost some of the older posts as was mentioned. Unfortunately we are not quite sure why but will be looking into this during the next couple of weeks to ensure that this doesn't happen again, once again our apologies for this.

I hope this has been helpful, have fun...

The Forum Team

El Duque
Tourist

Postby El Duque » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Check to make sure you haven't got forum pruning set to 'enabled' in your forum configuration - it has been known!