Too Many Posts?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Too Many Posts?

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Sometimes when I try to post shortly after making one post, I get the following meassage:

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

I don't know any other forum that does this, and wonder why?

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:07 pm

It is suppossed to help prevent spamming of the forum but I'm not sure how.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:57 pm

:? It's very annoying when you realise that you've made a mistake and want to to get back at your posting before anybody can read it...and can't :cry:

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:21 pm

'Alan la Cala and country boy, I've experienced the same problem if I´ve made a spelling mistake, the only answer is to delete it and re write it!

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:17 am

I know it's time-consuming but I always preview my posts before sending them off, in that way I get a better idea of how they read and look. It's not infallible because often the mind will see only what it wants to see, but it helps in most cases. Always a good idea to do a spell check each time before posting too.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:20 am

PS - There is also an edit button which appears just after you've posted. I don't know exactly how long it's there for, but it does help when you've read your post and realise your mistake. It's on the right-hand side of your post.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:44 am

The edit option is always there for your post. If you edit before another message has been posted the changes are made without comment.

If you edit after another post then your post will have a footer to say when you edited it.

Similarly, you cannot delete a post after another posting has been made.

Sid

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:41 pm

It won't let you edit straight away though, just like it won't let you post. You have to go away and twiddle your thumbs for a time I haven't managed to quantify yet.
Grouser

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Grouser wrote:It won't let you edit straight away though, just like it won't let you post. You have to go away and twiddle your thumbs for a time I haven't managed to quantify yet.
Yes, I've noticed that too, that's why I always delete if I've made a gaffe, I'd rather wait a few minutes and repost, than let it stay and look a pr*t