Number of posts

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Shukran
Resident

Number of posts

Postby Shukran » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 pm

This is for Admin please - how come my number of posts doesn't change? I can only go back to 7 September when it showed 408 - it's still showing 408 - I don't think so! :roll:
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:28 pm

I don't wish to pre-empt Admin's reply but I think that each time you make a post your total number of posts is shown on all of your previous posts.

For example, you first post will no longer show 1 but 409 because, with your last post, it has just gone up from 408 to 409. If you look back at everyone else's number of posts you will find that the same applies.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Thanks Beachcomber for your interpretation. However, I first noticed this yesterday after I'd responded to a post and it showed 408, later that afternoon I responded to another, and again it showed 408. Today I posted twice and both showed 408. Personally I think the clock's stuck...! :lol:

EDITED: Blimey - would you believe it's now moved to 410! I still think that's wrong though.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:03 pm

It's 411 now, but maybe you stood still because you had something deleted. You haven't been contributing to dodgy threads have you?
Grouser

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:58 pm

Ooops - caught out! :lol:

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:17 am

Shukran - Back in November, I thought I would do something that might be appreciate by any Canadians living or visiting the CdS. So when the Canadian football championship game was being played, I posted quarter by quarter scores. Total of 4 (maybe 5) posts. Several replies were also posted. The game was over at about 10 pm our time (4 am Spanish time)

Imagine my surprise when the next morning the whole thread had been deleted without so much as a "sorry".

I still don't know why. So my number has been somewhat deflated as well. I didn't know that Canadian football was a "no-no" on A.com. Oh well, live and learn.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:28 am

John anything not particularly appertaining to Spain and/or with advertising or sponsorship is deleted. :roll:

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:36 pm

I see what you mean safeashouses in response to JAWG's post, but there's many a time that members post on UK matters that don't necessarily apply to Spain, and that seems to be acceptable. I'm sure that any Canadians living in Spain appreciate the trouble members go to to keep them informed - as we do when a UK issue is raised. OK, if there was any advertising then I can understand it to a certain degree.

From memory (I know it's reducing in size annually) I'm not aware that any of my posts which have 'disappeared' contained anything that warrants them being deleted. I still say my post numbers are not what they should be.

Is there anybody at home Admin?

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:39 pm

What's the problem? There are no prizes for the number of posts.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:22 pm

My query was to Admin just in case there was a problem at their end, I just thought it worth mentioning. I'm well aware that there are no prizes, I use the forum for advice and to try to give back what I can. Can't I ask a simple question without a sarcastic remark? :roll: :roll:

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:11 am

Can't I ask a simple question without a sarcastic remark?
I wasn't being sarcastic; I wanted to know why it bothered you.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Shukran, We have no known issues with the post numbering at the moment. Sorry for the problem.
Admin Team