Confused by actions taken by andalucian.com action

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:34 pm

It is no good believing that because you are PC minded
I don't think I am.

I have made what I thought was a helpful suggestion. Whether or not you take it is of course up to you. I have no wish to debate it further.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:40 pm

[quote="spanish hopes"]Perhaps I should re-phrase that:

Which red blooded male other than me, would be scared of his mother in law or even his wife in this day and age? :lol:[/quote

You left out mother, remember many of them are also m-i-l's :shock:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Alan-LaCala wrote:
It is no good believing that because you are PC minded
I don't think I am.

I have made what I thought was a helpful suggestion. Whether or not you take it is of course up to you. I have no wish to debate it further.

Alan
Alan you have once again taken a general comment personally and I find that sad.
When I used the word YOU it was the 'Royal You'. This excessive sensitivity is one of the main drawbacks in these forums, though I note you take direct quips from some as intended without feeling they are a personal slight.
Perhaps it is more of a personality clash between us and again that is sad. However I will respect your feelings and moods and will be most happy should you not wish to debate anything with me or in fact join in any thread I have made comment in. Choice is what it is all about.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:12 pm

I don't think it is entirely true that the 'PC brigade' (whoever they are) were responsible for the deletion of the Valentines thread. There was one poster on there who went well beyond the bounds of non PC postings and into the realms of misogyny, at least in my eyes. However that is no justification for the removal of the whole thread. There were some good laughs to be had. It has to be said the Christmas one was a trifle repetitious though. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind. Still no reason for deletion.
Grouser

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Sorry grouser but I don't think anyone who posted even appeared to hate all women. It was all tongue in cheek and should have appeared so even to the most ardent bra burner. :)

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:37 pm

alaninspain wrote:Rafiki - I am not moderator's pet - some would say I do not know the word moderation - a foul slur, as I prefer drinking in the late evening in a horizontal position - it is more of a challenge.
:)
Brian.

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:48 pm

All my postings were tongue in cheek and read by my 'equal' partner who laughed her head off at some of them, because in reality everything I put was the opposite from the truth.

She's pampered to death and requested that I stopped buying her expensive perfume and jewelry as she had quite a glut of the stuff. I also do 'all' the cooking and my fare share of the housework.

'Woman hater' No way, I love them and would have half a dozen if they weren't so expensive to keep. :lol:
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:01 pm

'Woman hater' No way, I love them and would have half a dozen if they weren't so expensive to keep.
6 mother-in-laws. :shock: :shock:

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:26 pm

I was never frightened by my mother in law and invited her to live with us in the UK which she did for 18 years until she left for a higher plane. No - Spanish or Alan La Cala - not a Boeing, but something that happens to us all eventually. The great thing was we never had any trouble with bad neighbours, at least not since she ate next door's doberman. I will now sit here and wait for the thunderbolt.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:08 pm

I was referring to the 'joke' made in reply to Silver's posting, saying post something to make him laugh. The 'joke' seemed to me to be without wit, intelligence or any humour whatever, leaving only a denigrating comment on women. Therefore, in my opinion, it was misogynist. This does not necessarily mean that the poster is a woman hater, perhaps he is just thoughtless. I have no quarrel with any of the other jokes on the thread.
Grouser

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm

I'm sorry grouser but silver did seem to bring out the worst in more than one poster. His was never the intention to join in with the humour in a humourous way but to despoil the whole thread.
Any response he received was well deserved I'm afraid.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:46 pm

I don't really think a sudden rush of blood to the head is an excuse. Quite often I read things that annoy me. That 'joke' being a case in point. The great thing about a forum is that you don't need to jump in straight away, unlike in a live debate. If something gets my goat on A.com I will go for a walk or sleep on it and then look again. Either the topic will have moved on, been deleted, I will have moved on and do nothing, or I will hopefully post a considered reply.
Grouser

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:18 pm

You are quite correct grouser, but when the same people have a go wherever and about whatever you post. People who have an self righteous I'm a guru manner it does tend to wear thin after a while. For christs sake even I'm classed as a guru, so in most cases it really does mean nothing.I have followed the avatar thread with interest and really do agree that admin should in some cases bother themselves for a few minutes to actually give a little recognition to the few people who are both knowledgeable and helpful.
I belong to other fora and the admin there do at times allot an enhance grading to some individuals.

I have tried biting my tongue on here, but I do find it hard as when someone is obviously (to me) attacking I have to respond. Often others do not see the undercurrent and I appear to be the antagonist, I can live with that, but some members put a lot of thought and effort into trying to entertain, only to find the thread being hijacked and then deleted. :cry:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:57 am

Just for the record...I too enjoyed a laugh at toddcl jokes....but as someone else noticed
There was one poster on there who went well beyond the bounds of non PC postings and into the realms of misogyny, at least in my eyes
... when this poster tried out his not so funny humor he spoiled the thread...its a shame that
some members put a lot of thought and effort into trying to entertain
and others spoil that with their over the limit contributions...then twist everything round and even quote
His was never the intention to join in with the humour in a humourous way but to despoil the whole thread.
no spanish hopes.. my only intention... was to bring to attention... that you yourself and your humor...was spoiling the whole thread.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Silwer I have given up bothering to debate with you so please feel free to carry on uninterupted with your despoiling. :roll:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:28 pm

panish hopes.. why not just admit that the title of despoiling belongs to you...or don't you understand that it was your bad taste of humor that spoiled and lost the thread.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 pm

You really are wasting your time in trying to rile me old fella. If it makes you happy to believe that you are right about everything I certainly won't be the one to disillusion you. Have a nice day. :lol:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:57 pm

You really are wasting your time in trying to rile me old fella
stop twisting..who is riling who?
I have given up bothering to debate with you so please feel free to carry on uninterupted
:?: :?: :?: Your last words???

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Will someone please tell this silver that I have no intention of responding to his taunts on a one to one basis. I am perfectly happy for him to continue to lead his deluded life of perfection and I shall continue to get on with mine.
The forum is large enough for us never to need to communicate in any way. :roll:

I have now got my huffy head on where he is concerned.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

freeinandalooseia
Tourist

Postby freeinandalooseia » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:34 pm

I just found this.
And I still can not believe that I got put out of somewhere for enjoying myself.
My image will be spoiled if any of my Friends find this out.
Laugh I don't know how many times this week I have run over my own fingers with my wheel chair.