Links to other forums

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
Grouser
Resident

Links to other forums

Postby Grouser » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Admin why are you so hot on deleting links to other forums? I was posting a reply this morning, when suddenly...ZAP... what I was replying to disappeared. The link to another forum contained a link to a website that had some quite interesting information that was relevant to the thread, which I had just managed to copy before the posting went.
What is the problem with links to other forums?
Are you worried we might click on them and think 'gosh this is real interesting stuff' and abandon A.com?
Do you think you could loose advertising revenue?
It ain't gonna happen. Relax.
In my case anyway one forum is more than enough, but I'm paranoid now. How many other potentially interesting links have I missed because I didn't happen to be on line at the right time?
Grouser

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Great little informative site but the moderation is way beyond what I think is normal.
The topics and postings change/are removed on a regular basis leaving only an educated guess as to why.

I'm used to it now and accept it is the owners privilige to do as they like but it is a bit like treading on egg shells.

Kenny

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:05 pm

In other places I am used to an offending post being replaced by another reading '***Deleted by conference moderator***' followed up by a PM to the author indicating that the post has been deleted and a brief indication why. Simple and polite.
Brian.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 pm

A.com is full of useful information as are many other fora. There is no real need for it not to allow humour. There is no problem belonging to more than one forum, use them for what you need from them and you will soon find which suits your purpose most.
There is no need for draconian moderating anywhere. If a member is crude, generally offensive rather than non PC, he can be censored and if need be deleted.
Moderators differ, this is all part of the rich tapestry of life, some moderators are so scared of their own shadow that they over react, we won't change them so diversify, use more than one forum and try to benefit from them all. If A.com's viewing figures fall as a result then they will need to look to themselves, their policies and the attitudes of some (by no means all) of their 'respected' members for the answer.
It is a big world out there and there is always somebody creeping up on you. Stay ahead or get lost in it. :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 pm

I don't find this site too bad. I have been on one forum and deleted a couple of times for less than anything on here and also it has politely suggested that I refrain from posting. Here I have only been deleted a couple of times when I have told someone to **** off. (totally justified of course!) Overall I am happy with this forum, bit lacking in humour and gossip though and overun by those campo folk :wink:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:29 pm

I feel the moderators here are scared of Katy and pick on us innocents :cry: as we are easy targets . If I were a moderator she would have been told to F""k off long ago as she has told us she has been on other fora :shock: :wink:

Hopefully,

Kenny

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:01 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:11 pm

8) :wink:

andalucia
Site Admin

Advertising

Postby andalucia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 am

Links to other sites or fora containing advertising links that are directly in competition with andalucia.com's own advertisers will be deleted.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:15 am

So there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 am

I just wish that admin would say what they mean instead of beating about the bush. :lol:

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:39 am

...and, thinking about it, I AM an advertiser, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest if links to other sites etc that may be in competition are posted. All's fair and all that...

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:49 pm

But that is you Hilary. You are obviously confident enough to not be afraid of competition.
You note and if there is a derogatory comment made about one of the Shark Real Estate companies who advertise on here, it is deleted too even if it is backed with proof. The euro in A.com pocket has always been more important than the truth.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:00 pm

We have not removed adverse comments about businesses including our advertisers on many occasions.

On one notable occasion last year we allowed a sustained campaign against one of our real estate advertisers until it reached a libelous status. The poster, refusing to provide contact details, forced us to delete the post.

Please evident or retract your general assertions.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Was the deckchair thread pulled in case the manufacturer sued :?: I think they deserved all the bad publicity they got if it just saved one poor holidaymaker from having his goolies entwined between two pieces of finest Norwegian hardwood :shock:

Kenny

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Anyone else notice the ads that are now appearing at the top of every thread? Bit ironic really, as many of them are for other forums! Ooops, didn't think that one through really, did we?!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Brian.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:03 pm

Browse with Firefox and install the add-on "Adblock" Blocks Flash, too!

MrsP
Resident

Postby MrsP » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Hmm no links to other forums BUT
If you go into the member list you can find USA members with links to www addresses for *beep* sites :?
Nice for kids :shock:
Chris

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:27 pm

If Admin has criteria and sticks to it, then that is their prerogative(sp).
But to take a post by a member and move it to the Amigos Lounge to which the posting member does not have access really defeats the purpose of the forum. I can not see any of the replies to my question?
Can Admin explain his reasoning here?
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada