Malaga. Ideas for places to visit from Malaga.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Banya
Tourist

Malaga. Ideas for places to visit from Malaga.

Postby Banya » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:52 pm

I’m flying to Malaga in June 2024 and looking for ideas of things to do in Malaga and places to visit from there. We have 10 days and will be using public transport. I’m currently thinking of Jaen as I’ve never been there. I’ve been to Granada, Cordoba and Seville so any suggestions about other places would be welcome. We want to explore inland and some countryside as well as cities would be nice, if there are good transport links. Thanks for any ideas about transport, where to visit, places to stay….

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga. Ideas for places to visit from Malaga.

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:57 am

You may want to consider renting a car. Coastal public transport is excellent and so are the trains to the main cities but some inland areas only have 1 bus a day.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm

El Caminito del Rey, can be reached by the Cercanias rail service from Málaga Maria Zambrano station to El Chorro.

https://www.caminitodelrey.info/

Also Ronda and Antequera, both accessible from Málaga by either rail or bus.

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:55 am

costakid wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:57 am You may want to consider renting a car. Coastal public transport is excellent and so are the trains to the main cities but some inland areas only have 1 bus a day.
Thanks Costakid. Any tips on beaches to visit in day trips from Malaga if we are using public transport?

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:58 am

Free at Last wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:58 pm El Caminito del Rey, can be reached by the Cercanias rail service from Málaga Maria Zambrano station to El Chorro.

https://www.caminitodelrey.info/

Also Ronda and Antequera, both accessible from Málaga by either rail or bus.
Thanks Free at Last,
El Caminito looks amazing, it’s now on our list.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm

most likely there is a bus from Malaga to Nerja ... and a visit to the caves nearby ... and the beach

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:57 pm

gavilan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm most likely there is a bus from Malaga to Nerja ... and a visit to the caves nearby ... and the beach
The Malaga - Nerja busses drop in Nerja but the ultimate destination is the caves, good hike to the beach from there however.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:04 am

Lyric wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:57 pm
gavilan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 pm most likely there is a bus from Malaga to Nerja ... and a visit to the caves nearby ... and the beach
The Malaga - Nerja busses drop in Nerja but the ultimate destination is the caves, good hike to the beach from there however.
There are specific services from Malaga to Cuevas de Nerja, but the services that just say Malaga - Nerja terminate in Nerja and don't continue on to the caves.

For the OP, you can check times on the Alsa website www.alsa.es. The routes to Nerja can get very busy so it is best to buy your tickets online in advance if you can. The Directo services are faster than the Ruta ones as they mostly go down the motorway stopping only in Torre del Mar and Torrox Costa.

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:18 pm

Thanks Lyric

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm

Free at Last wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:04 am
There are specific services from Malaga to Cuevas de Nerja, but the services that just say Malaga - Nerja terminate in Nerja and don't continue on to the caves.

For the OP, you can check times on the Alsa website www.alsa.es. The routes to Nerja can get very busy so it is best to buy your tickets online in advance if you can. The Directo services are faster than the Ruta ones as they mostly go down the motorway stopping only in Torre del Mar and Torrox Costa.
Thanks Free at Last. V helpful to know the difference between Directo and Ruta buses. Many years ago I went to a lovely beach off the main highway between Malaga and Motril. All I can remember about its location is that it’s known as the … kilometre beach. Do you have any knowledge of it?

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm

Thanks Gavilan

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:02 am

Banya wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm

Thanks Free at Last. V helpful to know the difference between Directo and Ruta buses. Many years ago I went to a lovely beach off the main highway between Malaga and Motril. All I can remember about its location is that it’s known as the … kilometre beach. Do you have any knowledge of it?
That name doesn't ring a bell, sorry. Between Malaga and Motril is quite some distance, the name suggests a long beach and the longest ones along that whole coastline (heading East from Malaga) would I believe be Rincon de la Victoria, Torre del Mar and Salobreña, if you google those towns some photographs might jog your memory.

Banya
Tourist

Postby Banya » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:22 am

Free at Last wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:02 am
Banya wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm

That name doesn't ring a bell, sorry. Between Malaga and Motril is quite some distance, the name suggests a long beach and the longest ones along that whole coastline (heading East from Malaga) would I believe be Rincon de la Victoria, Torre del Mar and Salobreña, if you google those towns some photographs might jog your memory.
Thanks Free at Last

rebujitox

Postby rebujitox » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:04 am

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, I recommend visiting Gibralfaro Castle.
cajas fuertes malaga