Ryanair - has anyone done this...?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
rafiki
Resident

Ryanair - has anyone done this...?

Postby rafiki » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:49 am

Our Ryanair flight out this week was booked online a couple of months ago. At the time we anticipated just carrying hand luggage so indicated 'no' to checked baggage and 'yes' to priority boarding (Check 'n Go).

It now transpires we need to take checked baggage this time. The website flight change options don't cater for this type of alteration. Do we just, without checking in online, turn up at the desk, check-in and pay the (exorbitant) baggage fees or will we get problems because we aren't doing exactly as we said we would at the time of booking?
Brian.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi rafiki,
as you can't check-in baggage with priority boarding/check and go, it looks like you may have to forfeit your fee for that and pay for baggage, a double whammy!
I'm sure they are used to this happening and will only be too glad to take the money!

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:38 pm

But I guess if I don't actually check in online then I can check in normally at the desk and just pay the baggage fee, albeit at the £10 rate rather than the £5 online rate?
Brian.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:56 pm

I'm afraid it looks like it.

Soon it will be cheaper to fly yourself out as baggage, and pay for your luggage to have a seat! Although to look at some of the 'hand luggage' some people manage to get through, they probably have small people in there anyway.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:12 pm

How do those people get through with cabin trunks as hand luggage :?:
Brian.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:24 pm

I had a lovely case but when checking it in their special 'does it fit ?' cage the wheels didnt fit. I go to the airport regularly so took it to see if I could get away with it. I returned home very disappointed and packed a much smaller, less trendy case amid sounds of' I told you it was too big'!!
Once at the boarding gate a lady with a child arrived, both dragging MY case (but in a lairy gold colour, not my beautiful lilac one). I was hopping up and down and much to my hubands disgust I approached her and asked her if she travelled with said cases often.
It turns out that she lives in Spain and travels every other week with these giant cases, never once being challenged!!!
Still havent plucked up courage to have a go, though. :roll:

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Ohhhhh i can't believe this thread..La baggage! It is my pet hate. People with HUGE amounts of hand luggage, far bigger than my luggage for the hold. I also hate myself for being too cowardly to risk it and take my beautiful hand luggage in case, as was stated, the wheels won't fit.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:06 pm

I have never seen anyone try and fit their hand luggage in the size holder thingy.
I have seen students carrying giant canvas backpacks which have knocked people over when they've turned around, and probably have another student inside it.
I have never seen anyone challenged as to the size of their hand luggage, yet was ordered to put a small handbag inside my hand luggage as only 1 piece is allowed through control, and then of course to take it out again once through.
A friend told me they were able to take anysize/weight of handluggage as long as they could lift it into the overhead lockers!

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:01 pm

Yes, but why is it everyone else and not meeeee?

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:34 am

I had my hand luggage weighed by airport security recently, it was quite a small bag and well under the 10kg max weight (it was at stansted in April),must have a quilty face!

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:33 am

Try their complaints department.. :lol: :lol:

"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

luggage

Postby pilgrim » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi brian, luggage is now 10.00 pounds for 15kg when you book on line.......... Thats why Pete now comes with hand luggage only ...........so now I get no dirty washing :D

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:32 pm

I find now that Monarch are competative without all the hassle, you get a seat alacated and no charge for cases, worth a try.

rafiki
Resident

Re: luggage

Postby rafiki » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:35 pm

pilgrim wrote:Thats why Pete now comes with hand luggage only ...........so now I get no dirty washing :D
Poor old b u g g e r :wink:
Now he has to do his own washing too :shock:
Brian.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:38 pm

we even considered wearing 3 sets of clothes lol (not really)

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 pm

......worth considering though!