beach front hotels costa de la luz?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
mike98926
Tourist

beach front hotels costa de la luz?

Postby mike98926 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:44 pm

We will be spending our last night along the Costa De La Luz before flying home from Seville. We really want a beach front or at least an ocean view to unwind after a week of bigger city touring.

In looking at the internet booking sites there do not seem to be many hotels listed between Tarifa and Rota. Yet in looking at the Google Satellite views there seem to be quite a few large properties with very large hotels in many locations that do not show up on the internet sites. Barbate for instance.

Are there lots of beachfront or ocean view hotels in that region? Are there any internet sites I could visit to see them. The few I am finding often say beachfront, but then on the map they show being quite a distance from the beach.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as we will need a reservation for the night of Oct. 2.

Thanks.

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm

You could try Hotel Hurricane near Tarifa. Do a google and you'll soon find it. I haven't stayed there, just driven past on the way to Conil.

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi Mike, In Conil De La Frontera is a Hotel over looking the sea. Walk out of Hotel over road and down to beautiful beaches. Also within walking distance of the town. The name of it is Hotel Husa Conil Park. If you google this you should come up with it. There are also others but can't remember names. They can be found along the Paseo De Maritmeo. Tomorrow i'll have a gander and check out names. Beautiful town to visit, but then i am biased because i live here :lol: :lol:

P.S have also sent you a pm

mike98926
Tourist

Thanks.

Postby mike98926 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Thanks Antonia,

I have seen Husa Conil Park on internet and it is nice and I am considering it.

Other suggestions would be great.

Again, we really care more about the view of the ocean and getting down to the beach to relax. We should be quite tired of fast paced city life by then.

Mike

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Mike, for the view of the ocean i would go for this one. It looks better than it is shown on the internet. The others i mentioned along the paseo are 1/2 star, dedends on what you prefer.

Although from this hotel you do have to walk down about 40steps to the beach..so depending on how mobile you are.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:46 am

Have a look at Novo Sancti Petri at Barossa. Several hotels in a row including Sol Melia, Vincci, Barossa Park etc. The big chains but competively priced if you look around online rather than rack prices. Most of them offer €50 a night rooms if not full, on discount sites. A bit closer to Seville (1 1/2 hours as opposed to 2 1/2 from Barbate). Barbate hasn´t what you are looking for but Zahara nearby has small hotels.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:54 pm

The MELIA chain is good and they have a hotel at ZAHARA - the Atlanterra - which is close to the beach. Have not stayed but heard its nice. Have stayed at the Fuerte Hotel in Conil which is close to the Conil Park. A fine hotel with some rooms overlooking the sea and other rooms facing the large garden and swimming pool area. This hotel is still open in October and does not close for the winter until end October or thereabouts. It is easy to get to and Conil is a small town with the most enormous beach ! great in the summer. For comfort and convenience and basically less hassle, the Fuerte or the Melia Atlanterra would be my choice but then I am me and you are you.
The new road along the coast from Vejer to Conil and onwards makes this journey very easy.

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:19 pm

We stayed at the Melia Atlanterra in Zahara de los Atunes a few years ago.................superb!! :D I believe it is still excellent.
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Mike...just remember that these hotels only have a certain amount of rooms overlooking the sea and so may be a good idea to mention what you would like when booking. :D