1st holiday abroad

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
sliminside
Tourist

1st holiday abroad

Postby sliminside » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi i`m new to this site and new when it comes to going abroad for my holiday, i`ve booked a villa in the Torre de Benagalbon
Rincon de la Victoria area and was wondering if any of you have been to this area and if so if its nice, i`m going with family, hubby and 2 small kids, thanks for any replies :)

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:01 am

Torre de Benagalbon is very quiet..nice but not much there at all except for villas and apartments..close to sea... you would need a car to get to Rincon with your 2 small kids...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

k
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby k » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:26 pm

I recently did a 4 day stay at Rincon in a hotel on the beach front with a 9 yr old. I found it very spanish with little english heard but children mix even if they don't fully understand each other so your little ones will enjoy the beach life and the evenings on the beachfront. They have a few big bouncy castles and trampolines on the beach for them to tire themselves out on in the evening and the prom is where it all seems to be happening. The most important thing for a 9 yr old was that there is a burger king and that he was on holiday so allowed a 'treat' !
I didn't think it particularly pretty (the bits I saw anyway) but would much rather go there than the opposite direction from the airport and would not hesitate to take a break there again. If budget is important, you will find the prices more reasonable in Rincon than the other resorts torremolinos onwards.
Also, I guess it depends on your language skill and how long you are staying there for if you will find it too much or not.
Not knowing what you would prefer, I can't say if, IMO, if you would find it ok or not. You would need to ask the correct questions, If you would like to get a bit more info feel free to pm me.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:44 pm

You don't say when you are going. Is it now, or next year? In season or out?

Rincon is very different out of season, the seafront is quiet and some of the beach activities are not there. The beach stretches a long way towards the east, and you can access it from Torre de Benagalbon without actually going into Rincon itself. However, most of the facilities are in the town part.

Parking is very busy in July and August, but a new carpark is opening next year which should help.

There are lots of restaurants along the promenade, but most of them are fish restaurants, where they cook the fish over open wood fires on the edge of the beach - sardines etc. Very nice. But as you say they also have Burger King and I think it is a novel setting for Burger King on the edge of the promenade.

Let me know when you are coming.

sliminside
Tourist

Postby sliminside » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:40 am

Hi thanks for the replies, we are going for 1 week next july, we want a quiet location, we will be spending alot of the time at the villa (not looking for night life) kids cant wait to get in the pool, but we will venture down to the beach a few time and into rincon, as there is 8 of us we wont hire a car but i believe there is a bus that can take us into rincon and taxi`s are not that expensive. sound like its just what we`re looking for, bouncy castle, trampolenes and burger king an added bonus, thanks again.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:34 pm

My nearest beaches are about 35 minutes away, Marbella, Benalmadena etc but I prefer to go to Benjerafe which is just a bit up the coast from where you intend to stay. The beaches are quite people free and no razmataz [however you spell it!!]
You will need to hire a car as it is quite a hike to any nearby attractions ie Malaga or even Torre del Mar.
Might I suggest you visit the last bar on the left as you head out of Benejerafe towards Torre del Mar called El Roncillion. Its a small bar but with the most fantastic courtyard at the back and very Spanish.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

sliminside
Tourist

Postby sliminside » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks keddyboy for the information, we`ll defo try the bar you suggested it sound lovely, thanks again.