CAR HIRE COLLECTION MALAGA AIRPORT

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
JAKE M
Resident

CAR HIRE COLLECTION MALAGA AIRPORT

Postby JAKE M » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm

We haven't used malaga airport for over a year and would like to know where the car hire collection point is. Is it down the ramp when heading for the exit or do we still have to go outside where the hire cars are parked?
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: CAR HIRE COLLECTION MALAGA AIRPORT

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:53 pm

I think it depends on the firm you use - as far as I know, there are still some who are based 'down the ramp', and others collect from outside. Firms 'down the ramp' I can remember are Helle Hollis; Europcar; Record; AurigaCrown; maybe Budget? - I'm sure others can add / correct :wink:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:59 pm

My advice is not to use Auriga Crown they may be a few euro cheaper but last week had to queue for almostb90 minutes!!

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 pm

WE ARE USING SOL-MAR VIA CARJET. JUST BEEN TOLD THAT THEY ARE "DOWN THE RAMP"
POR FAVOR ....NO BAD REPORTS ON SOL-MAR. FLYING OUT ON SATURDAY :|
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:01 am

Yes, do not use aurigacrown. First they operate the disgusting fuel theft policy called full/empty.

Second, as the previous poster said, you can wait ages for the surly sods at the desk to process you (a simple activity which still seems to take them 10 minutes for each punter). Last time i waited so long that in the end i went to the Helle desk and booked with them - even though it cost more, it was less than wasting another hour of my holiday at 22:00.

If allocated AurigaCrown by carjet or doyouspain, ask for another operator - its usually no problem and rarely adds much to the cost. Of the operators used by these brokers Record is the only one i know who do not operate the full/empty fuel overcharge and theft policy.

yorkie
Tourist

Postby yorkie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:55 pm

This year I used CarMalaga.com & Marbesol after trying to find full/full, they were great, for 13 days 160eur. you meet them thro the first doors from arrival and they are waiting for you with a minibus which takes you all of 5mins to there office it took 15mins from arriving at the airport to getting in the car and driving. dead easy I will use them again