Marconfort Greigo and Griego Mar Hotel

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Acen
Resident

Marconfort Greigo and Griego Mar Hotel

Postby Acen » Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 am

Hi

Are the Marconfort Greigo and Griego Mar Hotel the same hotel???

The look the same, use the same photos but have different rates on the web.

I just wanted to know with regards to the facilities they offer.

cheers

acen

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Marconfort Greigo and Griego Mar Hotel

Postby frank » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am

No idea, but looking in TripAdvisor, if you search for "Griego Mar Hotel" it comes up as,
"GRIEGO MAR HOTEL" – Marconfort Griego Hotel
Hotel Review – Torremolinos, Spain
Same address
Avenida de Sorolla 7, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am

I was driving through Torremolinos on Sunday and saw the Griego Mar Hotel. It caught my eye, it being very tall and large but recalling my Spanish lessons, I knew Griego meant Greek and thought it strange.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

I have lived not far from the Griego Mar for more than a decade and never heard it called anything else, but it does look (from Googling it) that it belongs to the Marconfort group, who I've never heard of. There's certainly no other hotel in the area called Marconfort Griego.
On a side note, I've never heard anything good said about the place. It seems to cater almost entirely to all-inclusive guests, who invariably end up going out looking for better places to eat and drink. If you're just looking for basic accommodation in the same area, I know many people who have got great deals for a room at the Flamingo (25 euros a night incl. breakfast on some occasions) which is on the same road but actaully a bit nearer the town centre.
Hope this helps.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Ive stayed at the Flamingo, about 50 euros per couple half board including drinks at meals, good value and sister hotel to the El Pinar which I also think is great value, same sort of price and same meal arrangements (free drinks of wine, beer soft drinks and sangria).