long term Car Rental 5/6 weeks July/Aug

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
bkeo1
Andalucia.com Amigo

long term Car Rental 5/6 weeks July/Aug

Postby bkeo1 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at a long term car rental approx 5/6 weeks July into August? Only looking of a std family car (Corsa/Focus etc.,) Have a quote from CostaRent with looks OK (approx €400+€400 deposite). Anybody out there used these before? Are they good/bad? Any issues I should keep in mind? Anyone got any other recommendation?

Thanks in advance..

B :?

scotty
Resident

Re: long term Car Rental 5/6 weeks July/Aug

Postby scotty » Tue May 08, 2012 3:45 pm

€500 for five weeks rent ? :?: Helle Hollis is quoting €1123 for five weeks for a Opel Astra for 1/6/12 to 7/7/12.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Just had a look on there web Page and they say that the cars aren't new but in good condition. If your happy with that give them a go. We use malagacar.com and record and doyouspain sometimes. Have tried a few others but always seem to get a good deal from the 3 listed.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

bkeo1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bkeo1 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Guys.

Scotty, it €400 for five weeks rent not €500? Me thinks you agree it's a good deal

Swerve, yep these are not new cars but then most aren't nowadays with most rental companies. Anyway not purchasing, only renting and it'll probably be in my car space for more days than I care to mention..... Will give malagacar.com, record and doyouspain a go.. Was getting €800.00 from marbesol which sounds good towards your quote (but still toooo expensive)..

Was hoping someone on here would have used them (CostaRent) and could let me know how they rated them.....

Any other comments welcome!!

:clap: B

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm

I had a look at their web site. Their cars appear to be 8 to 12 years old. As my 92 year old mother says..... "You pay for the bouquet" :wink: I rented eleven times last year from Helle Hollis, each time the car was nearly new with very low KM's. And no amount of money would make me rent a ten year old car.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Wed May 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Same here scotty. All cars can break down even newer ones but i wouldnt like to be on the A7/E15 and break down. Give a few more a try for a qoute it may just be worth paying the extra money for a bit piece of mind.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela