Unusual offer from Monarch for flight home.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Footprint
Resident

Re: Unusual offer from Monarch for flight home.

Postby Footprint » Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 am

I find people with those rucksacks on their backs annoying! They just swing round knocking you flying and then glare at you for being in their way!

Another pet hate is people who keep up and down to get something out of their bag in the locker. Once to get something out and once to put away is surely sufficient? Some people are at it every 5 minutes! I have some money in a pocket and my iPad I hold. The rest is securely fastened in my bag and it stays there until I get off again.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 am

Absolutely agree on both points. Why do some have to make a drama out of a 3 hour flight :think:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

I was asked the same question in January when travelling to London with Easyjet and took up their offer. At Stansted I asked the guy at check-in if he would do the same and although he said not possible at first, he quickly backtracked and allowed us to put our cabin bags in the hold with the suitcases.
We had a great time with the credit cards in the duty free section. :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

:thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 am

I know it doesn't apply to many on here but if you live in the South, BA have began offering flights with no hold baggage, some are good deals. We have flights to Málaga for June. 1 cost £84 return with no baggage allowance and the other £125 with a hold bag.

Also they do some good deals including hotel. We had 4 days in Nice with BA including a 4 star hotel for £240 each.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue May 21, 2013 9:04 am

I see Easyjet have now reduced the maximum size of carry-on luggage permitted "to guarantee that passengers can keep their bag with them on board":-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... third.html

I hope Monarch doesn't follow suit and abandon what they've been doing recently.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 am

Save you hunting around for the failed link above.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... third.html

Please the URL tab for long URL's
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 am

I think and hope that Monarch will have to follow suit as it's becoming ridiculous. The planes cabin is simply too small for the current 10kg allowance as it stands. At the end of the day at £80 for a couple to put their 20kg bags in the hold as we've always done it now seems people have put 2 fingers to it and going the wheelie/10kg route. The sensible thing would be to lower the hold luggage charges...............even if they stick it back on to the flight fees, it'd make people feel better.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm

I am a great supporter of low cost airlines, particularly Ryanair, but I do from time to time wonder where their ideas spring from!

Can you imagine the confusion that will arise with this new sizing system thought up by EasyJet.

Two hand baggage sizes! Assume that the frames will not be modified overnight and you have a bag that meets the upper criterion but not the lower. You will only find out that there is not enough space in the overhead bins once you are on the aircraft. What then? Does another smaller frame appear or a tape measure, so now we have passengers in the aisle trying to squeeze their bag into this frame. Or if you bag meets the smaller size does the cabin crew have to scour the bins for bigger bags put in by those who boarded early.

I will not be a 20 minute turnaround; it will be carnage !!...

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Tue May 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Monarch now offer a choice re hand luggage........................ (except at Luton Airport where the one bag rule still applies)

(a) One piece of hand baggage no bigger than 56 x 40 x 25cm (there’ll be a size gauge at the airport to check this) and no heavier than 10 kilos, plus a small duty free bag from the departure airport.

Or

(b) Two separate pieces of hand baggage, as long as the combined size is no bigger than 56 x 40 x 25cm and the combined weight no heavier than 10 kilos, plus a small duty free bag from the departure airport.

This means there’s no need to choose between your bag and your laptop. And you won’t have to cram everything into one bag at the departure gate.

There is limited space onboard, and we are sorry but on busy flights we cannot guarantee that we can fit all baggage in the cabin. Taking two smaller bags and placing one under the seat in front of you will help to avoid your baggage being placed in the hold.