A question about Malaga AGP I couldn't answer.....

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: A question about Malaga AGP I couldn't answer.....

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:42 am

I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:40 am

Not AGP but for anyone who loves aircraft and flight: http://www.festivalaereotorredelmar.com/
Provided you are willing to risk large gatherings.....
P.S. They are using both runways today...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 pm

I can't get that link to work Peter, although I have looked before at it. i cannot find a full programme of the events. There is talk of a 'sunset' show on the Saturday but no times anywhere. The Sunday show seems to be 10 - 2 I think, but as usual, scant info on the full times.
Hope it is better than the Torrox car show last weekend. Due to start Friday at 5pm, we went down Saturday afternoon and there were about 4 cars in the main car park area on show when everything I read promised 250 (and 15,000 spectators), and I couldn't see any activity on the sports ground area either where more things were supposed to be happening. Perhaps they all turned up Sunday but I couldn't be bothered to go again the next day!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:08 pm

I am not looking forward to the air show as I think they are going to be using the airfield at Trapiche for take-offs and landings and thus will be overflying my house, the noise is going to be deafening. Might go up to the roof terrace with earplugs in place as we can see the airfield from there. I don't want to stand about in crowds for hours at a time on any occasion, regardless of security concerns.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:25 pm

There's going to be airforce jets so they will be coming from further afield and the show seems to be over the sea so maybe the really noisy ones won't be near to you Freeatlast. (I used to live close to the Stansted runway before it was redeveloped and used to go down to the wire fence to watch the Hurricane, Spitfire and Lancaster planes take off from there whenever they did a flypast in London).
I didn't intend on going to TdM to watch, I was hoping to find a vantage point further away where I may still see the planes. I hate crowds and certainly cannot stand for hours, but was hoping to be able to see something of the planes.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 pm

They are practising on Friday so might be an opportunity to look for good vantage points? The jets would struggle to land at Trapiche aerodrome, only some of the small prop stuff, I think (although it is many years since I did a bit of flying at Biggin Hill!).

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:31 pm

A few years ago we were often disturbed by the sound of planes practicing aerobatics, until they were banned from overflying the town. On the days when they had competitions it was quite a nuisance.

No, I should not think the military jets would be able to use Trapiche. Hope not anyway. We were in Madrid last September when a large military training exercise was taking place with fighter jets screaming overhead every few minutes. It was bedlam and everybody was coming out onto the streets to see what was going on.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:46 pm

We holiday at Los Alcázares in Murcia and to be honest enjoy the frequent formation flying from San Javier, only some 3 kms from the town cntre. It is the principal traing base for the Spanish Air Force and both the current and previous kings gained their wings there.
The base shares the runway with the civilian jets from Ryanair, Jet2 and Air Lingus so the skies can be busy! The sounds are such an improvement on the persistent local dogs in our campo village, and certainly much more acceptable than the part-muffled moto of a neghbour!

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm

peteroldracer wrote:They are practising on Friday so might be an opportunity to look for good vantage points?
2 Eurofighters flew low over TDM East to West yesterday morning, I am in Cajiz and they were quite low and easily observed.
Gerry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Free at Last wrote:A few years ago we were often disturbed by the sound of planes practicing aerobatics, until they were banned from overflying the town. On the days when they had competitions it was quite a nuisance.
It used to be like that when I lived near to Ipswich and there used to be a similar airfield there. Sometimes they droned overhead all day doing loops and it did used to be quite annoying (until it was closed and built on). Some planes also used to turn off their engines when overhead - quite disconcerting! I guess it was part of pilot training. It reminded me of my Mum's descriptions of the doodlebugs during the war!

Stu&Vic
Tourist

Postby Stu&Vic » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:19 am

El Cid wrote:

Frankly I am surprised that they are not still working on the M1.

Sid
They were this morning!! Actually they are all the time :)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 pm

The site that Peter kindly gave :- http://www.festivalaereotorredelmar.com/ has been updated with details of what is on and when.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:41 am

Went last might and the jets were fantastic. Am considering going back again later today when they are on just to see them again :)