New Year's Eve - Malaga

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
jemalis
Tourist

New Year's Eve - Malaga

Postby jemalis » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi! Does anyone have any great suggestions of where to go in Malaga for New Year's Eve 2013 celebrations? Have 25 year olds with us who want to party (but more interested in bars not night clubs)! And fireworks if possible? Thank you!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Year's Eve - Malaga

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

In our opinion New Years eve is always a bit of a let down. The Spanish do the family thing with grapes but if I was in Malaga I would head for El Pimpi or that area.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Or you could go the port. That should be lively.

jemalis
Tourist

Postby jemalis » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:29 am

Thank you guys - it's not so much about entertaining the 25 year olds - it's more about finding a lively place, so we'll definitely start at the port - just need to find a few open bars (i hear most are closed and if they do open, they do at 12.30am after new year - or have I been misinformed?).

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 am

Hi jemalis,
If its anything like it is up this way, you think nothing is going on , streets deserted, bars closed then suddenly at 23:55 the whole town comes to life...............and you're good to go until sun up or you run out of steam............which ever comes sooner.......... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 am

In my experience New Years Eve in Spain is very much a 'family affair' with much eating and drinking at home, but they do 'spill out' on to the streets around midnight...but just for a short while ... :D

Regards,
Gordon

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm

We spent New Year's Eve in Malaga a couple of years ago. There was nothing open - no restaurants or bars. Even Macdonalds closed at 8pm. We found a Turkish kebab place for a plate of chips! Even after midnight (which we spent on Larios), we only found 1 bar open. We walked over towards the port, but there didn't seem to be much there either. Most of the Spanish seemed to appear just before midnight, then disappear again shortly after
AlisonB

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am

As others have mentioned there will be nothing open until 12:30 - 1:00 am, as everyone has their grapes at home. You will then find that many charge an entrance and include drinks.

Eg.
Maná Centro, C/ Beatas 3 (5 drinks for 25 € per person)
ZZ Pub. Calle Tejón y Rodríguez 6, Málaga (2 drinks or 3 beers 10€) - live music at 2am.
Toulouse, C/. Echegaray, 9 (3 drinks 18 €), maybe only prebookings.
Bubbles Lounge Club. C/. Mártires, 14 (entry + 1 drink 10 €)
Granados 10. C/. Granados. (3 drinks 20€)

On the same streets you should find some smaller bars. Bars will be open till 6am.
Have fun!