Do You Spain/Malagacar

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Re: Do You Spain/Malagacar

Postby ashtondav » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 pm

For those who wish to see if they've improved there's a 10% discount code for September malagacar.com . Here it is: "Sep2016"

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Good to hear that !
Just checked them out for a week , end of September - 90 euros.for a seat Ibiza.
DYS using Firefly, on airport, 24.96 euros for a VW Golf. Full/empty fuel with a refund.
I don't need their excess insurance, I have my own annual policy and I can use enough fuel in a week to make it a no- brainer choice for me.
I've used Firefly several times over the last couple of years with no hassle. A refund for unused fuel has always come through a week or so after the hire.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 am

Discount code for malagacar.com. AUTUMN16. 10% discount.

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Does anyone know the winter 2016 discount code for Malagacar please?

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 pm

I recently booked car hire for 17 days from 2nd Dec 2016 through DYS, never again! On their site I ticked all the relevant boxes for my requirements - free extra driver, full/empty, etc and got a really good price but as a 'special offer' so no changes or cancellations allowed and immediate payment required. I should have known better. I put in all the payment details and finalised the booking, only to receive confirmation saying there would be an extra charge for the second driver, full/full the only option and even though I had taken out the fully comp insurance the hire company (Gold Gar) would still require a security deposit of 1,100 euros on my credit card! If I specify my requirements and am offered a price surely this should be to match my requirements, particularly if payment has to be made before you actually see the contract.

terry

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:14 pm

You need to contact them...you didn't get what they advertised or what you chose to pay for...Did you pay extra for the insurance to cover windscreen tyres etc? if so they should not be requesting a security deposit...

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:17 pm

All the car hire firms will book a charge against your credit card unless you take out their insurance. There is no way around this. Furthermore I have never had a problem with it. Either they make a charge for damage and you reclaim it, or tey don't charge your card.

As for full/empty, yes you should get what you ordered. Complain to DYS - but you wont get anywhere with the charge against your card policy.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:25 am

I don't know if this is the norm, but when I recently made a claim, they refunded everything EXCEPT the bank conversion charge, as they said they weren't allowed to :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)