Parking in Cordoba

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
kexon
Resident

Parking in Cordoba

Postby kexon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Ayone on the forum have first hand experience of best place to park in Cordoba for the mezquita.We have had a look on various websites etc and parking seems to be a problem as in many spanish cities and we cant yomp about like we used to.Advice most welcome.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Parking in Cordoba

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Hello Kexon,
We have used www.parkinglamezquita.com when we visited Cordoba, the car parking is secure and very near to all the interesting places,I think that it is about 12 euros per day.
If you look at the site it also gives you a very good map regarding how to get to it, beware to drive slowly and not take the wrong roads around the Mezquita ( camera controlled and heavy fines ! ). The website has a choice of languages including English...
Have a good time !
Regards,
Gordon

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:13 pm

We parked just the other side of the river in a sort of residential area & walked across the bridge. It was quite a few years ao now, so I don't remember any real detail, but hope it's something you might be able to 'streetview' to see if it would be suitable
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Always worth a look when you need somewhere to park.

http://en.parkopedia.es/

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions,very helpful and much appreciated,shall have a good look at them all,as nothing worse than turning up somewhere and spending ages finding somewhere to park.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:44 pm

We did the same as Chrissiehope and found a nice cafe on that side of the bridge to break the journey !!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:27 am

we did the same as above. parked on the other side of the bridge where theres free street parking. well kinda free as there was the typical guy helping you park and wanting a few euros for the pleasure. theres also the underground carpark very near the mez and another abit futher around the walls

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:30 am

We also have parked on the 'other side', ok for day visits to Cordoba but I'm told not advisable overnight.
There are some good local bars there and if you use the Roman Bridge over the river it takes you very close to the Mezquita ,also worth a visit is the museum at the end of the Roman Bridge... a bit different.!
And don't forget to take a padlock to fasten on the railings..as a love token... :thumbup:
Regards,
Gordon

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:32 am

I don't remember having a problem parking in Cordoba. As with other posters I parked a little outside and walked the short distance to the centre of the city.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:12 pm

WOW,thanks everyone,lots of good info.We might take a padlock with us as it will be our wedding anniversary,39 years and still going strong.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:26 pm

If you put Jose luis villigas zea in google maps for cordoba that and the nearby streets is where you can park for free .its a couple of mins walk to the roman bridge

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 am

Good Morning Kexon,
Well I hope that you have a great time in Cordoba and enjoy your wedding anniversary celebrations. :thumbup:
This year I get my Gold Medal for 50 Years of Married Blitz....!! :lol:

Don't forget to write your names on the padlock ,preferably with permanent marker or nail varnish....

Regards,
Gordon.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks Benidorm,i shall be buying my padlock tomorrow and not forgetting to put our names on it.Wow 50 years,thats lovely and amazing,particularly liked the marital blitz made me giggle,congrats to you both,may you have many,many more.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 am

Good Morning Kexon,
Thank you for your kind words...
And may your day in Cordoba be filled with sunshine and happiness as you meander hand in hand through the narrow atmospheric streets that are steeped in history and mystique....
Regards,
Gordon

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Put your names on it and everyone will think you are in a "threesome" with someone called Chubb :think: