Cruise Liner

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cruise Liner

Postby gerryh » Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes it was the Oasis of the Seas I saw. At the time it was the largest cruise liner.
The engine layout is interesting. As Sid says there isn't a conventional engine so the centre section of not taken up by an engine room.
This allows for a very high central atrium with some of the cabins facing into the atrium.
Most cabins face onto the sea. There aren't many "interior" cabins without ant windows.
This style of cruise ship isn't to every bodies taste but there are a lot of people who do like this style of cruise ship or else RCL and others would not be commissioning more of them.
My first holiday on a "cruise liner" was on my 20ft 2 berth cabin cruiser.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 28, 2016 9:08 pm

I made a mistake is not in Gerrys vocabulary.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sat May 28, 2016 9:37 pm

As I posted the original i didnt contradict Gerryh but knew this cruise ship had never been in Malaga before. I only posted because I thought there might be people who might like to see it. I certainly will be there(any excuse for a visit to Malaga

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 28, 2016 10:59 pm

And so will we. The Oriana follows it in so a busy day for the port. We will get the bus in as it will be chaos around the port

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 am

Next time we plan a day in Malaga I shall check the port news to see if any ships are docking. Cannot think of anything worse than thousands of cruise passengers clogging up the place :)

I would like to try out a cruise on a small ship around parts of Europe I haven't visited to get a wee taster of different places. But then I am a terribly sea sick and would have to be on tablets the whole time. The OH isn't interested in going either so I can't see me cruising any time soon!

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun May 29, 2016 10:02 am

Cant send you the link because just cant do it but if you google....cruceros puerto de Malaga it will give you a timetable of the liners coming in to Malaga Port.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am

The Sur in English also publishes the cruise timetables. I think it will certainly be worth checking beforehand!

Looks dreadful:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... omplaints/

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun May 29, 2016 10:52 am

I agree Wicksey that they can be a pain but the revenue is very welcome especially if they are Americans. Malaga city is a better place now than it was 6 years ago before the new port or even 13 when we arrived here.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 29, 2016 11:39 am

Most cruisers aren't big spenders ashore especially the Americans who find Europe expensive. They tend to buy a cheap souvenir such as a Tshirt. They are stuffed with food from the ship and are tight fisted, most getting back on board for a late lunch. The main beneficiaries will be the tour bus companies taking them to Granada etc.

Every little helps though and the Port area is much better.