Public transport Malaga Airport to Torrox Pueblo

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
SlimTim
Tourist

Public transport Malaga Airport to Torrox Pueblo

Postby SlimTim » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi,we have house at Torrox Pueblo and always hire a car at the airport for our stays.
I have a friend and his wife who are coming out to stay or a few nights whilst we are in the UK landing and departing mid day.
He is wanting to do both journeys by public transport (shamefully something I have never done) and is enquiring how these might be completed. Now I am aware there is often a bus from Malaga City Centre direct to Torrox Pueblo and regular services calling at Torrox Costa but I was wandering does one get these buses where the airport shuttle buses stop in Malaga.Do tickets for both need to be bought in advance or on the bus and is there anywhere online where one can view a timetable? Approximate costs would also be very helpful.
Many thanks

Tim :wave:

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Public transport Malaga Airport to Torrox Pueblo

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:20 pm

Here is the timetable for the buses from Málaga to Torrox pueblo.

https://www.alsa.es/nuestros-destinos/r ... nSchedules

You cannot catch a bus from the airport directly to Torrox, but must first take either a bus or the train from the Airport into Málaga city centre. The bus takes about 30 minutes and costs €3, the train (which runs every 20 minutes) takes 13 minutes and costs €1.80. Personally I prefer the train, they are very reliable and you are less likely to be caught up in traffic in case of accidents or roadworks.

The airport railway station is just across the road as you leave arrivals at the airport. Tickets need to be bought from the machines just inside the entrance (there is an option to change the language to English) then you go through the barriers and take the escalator on the left hand side down to the platform for the train into Málaga Maria Zambrano. The railway station is inside the Vialia shopping centre which is right next door to the bus station.

Tickets for the Málaga-Torrox bus must be bought from the Alsa ticket windows which are at the beginning of the bus station after the entrance, they will not normally let you pay on the bus. The bus usually leaves from stand 38, which is at the opposite end of the bus station.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:44 pm

167 and 260 I think go to Torrox. The train is the best way from airport. They run every 20 minutes on summer timetable.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Does any body know when the last bus or train from airport to Malaga centre is? I am arriving on a very late flight and probably won't leave airport til about 11.45pm Thank you

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

The train timetable is here - on a weekday the last departure from the airport to Málaga Maria Zambrano is at 00.24

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias ... index.html

The last bus leaves the airport at midnight.

If your timing is spot on you might be able to make either, but with the slightest delay, probably not.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:15 pm

00.54 at this time of year. No buses though at that time of night. I have the timetable in front of me know.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 am

costakid wrote:167 and 260 I think go to Torrox. The train is the best way from airport. They run every 20 minutes on summer timetable.
The M-260 bus definitely doesn't go to Torrox. That is the Málaga - Vélez-Málaga service.

http://www.redtransporte.com/malaga/aut ... -m260.html

Neither does the M-160 service. That's the Málaga to Rincón de la Victoria service.

http://www.redtransporte.com/malaga/aut ... -m160.html

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Correct. The 160 is the Malaga Rincon Cotomar service. I am 99% sure the 167 goes to Nerja via Torrox from Malaga. It may start its journey at the station near the port though. This is where we always catch the bus.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:57 pm

The 167 does go from Málaga (starting from the bus station) to Nerja and stops in Torrox Costa, but it doesn't go to Torrox Pueblo which is where the OP's friend wants to get to. Therefore he would have to take either another local bus or a taxi to the pueblo, which seems a bit pointless to me when there is another service (I posted a link to the timetable in my initial response to him) which goes all the way to Torrox Pueblo.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Thank you Freeatlast and Costakid, just what I was looking for

SlimTim
Tourist

Postby SlimTim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:53 pm

SlimTim wrote:Hi,we have house at Torrox Pueblo and always hire a car at the airport for our stays.
I have a friend and his wife who are coming out to stay or a few nights whilst we are in the UK landing and departing mid day.
He is wanting to do both journeys by public transport (shamefully something I have never done) and is enquiring how these might be completed. Now I am aware there is often a bus from Malaga City Centre direct to Torrox Pueblo and regular services calling at Torrox Costa but I was wandering does one get these buses where the airport shuttle buses stop in Malaga.Do tickets for both need to be bought in advance or on the bus and is there anywhere online where one can view a timetable? Approximate costs would also be very helpful.
Many thanks

Tim :wave:

Thank you everyone.Most helpful