Bus from Torre del mar to El Ingenio ?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
allgram
Resident

Bus from Torre del mar to El Ingenio ?

Postby allgram » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 am

Hello, does anyone know if there is / what times the buses are between Torre del mar and El Ingenio shopping centre, I have looked and searched but .... can't find anything .
Thank you

allgram.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bus from Torre del mar to El Ingenio ?

Postby patricia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am

If you get the Travelsa bus (Line 2 or Line 3) that will take you to El Ingenio from Torre del Mar bus station (there's a pleasant little café-bar if you have to wait, and it's probably the only pretty bus station on the CdS) so waiting isn't really a problem.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:08 am

Hi allgram,
Says there is a Tram.....is it still running.......... :?:

Some times. for the Bus............. :?:

http://www.velezmalaga.es/contenido/dat ... CALETA.pdf
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 am

No the tram has long gone and is currently operating in Australia and has been there for at least two or three years. it was hardly ever used and so was a white elephant, although the tracks are still in place. There are plenty of buses to el Ingenio :D

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks for that update patricia .................... :D
Loads of out of date info on the Web............ :(

maybe this site
(Copyright © 2016. Torre del Mar Today) ...........should be renamed.............Torre del Mar Yesterday........ :crazy:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:43 am

To deal with the OP's question first, you can catch any of the Travelsa local buses (line 1, 2, 3 or 4) to travel from the bus station in Torre Del Mar to El Ingenio. They operate every 15 minutes throughout the day (every 30 minutes after 8pm) on the hour, 15, 30 and 45. There are a couple of times in the afternoon when one bus is missed from the schedule (I think one of them is 15.15 but can't remember exactly) but the longest you'd ever have to wait is 30 minutes. After 7.30 pm they change to every 30 minutes, Monday to Friday the last departure from Torre is 10pm and on Saturdays/Sundays the last departure is 11pm.

As to the tram, yes the Ayuntamiento did stop running the service in 2012, and yes they did lease the tram units to Sydney, Australia. However, the trams were mysteriously returned to Velez before the end of the leasing period (there has never been any publicity as to why) and have been parked up at the Travelsa depot ever since. The new administration in Vélez who took over last year are very keen to get it running again and have been in negotiations with the Junta de Andalucia to get them to agree to honour a previous promise to share the burden of the deficit in operating costs accrued since the service opened. The latest idea is that they are trying to sell the 3 tram units so that they can buy smaller ones which will be cheaper to operate (they say) and allow them to operate a more frequent service. There are maintenance works being done on the tracks which had been left to deteriorate, too, at present they are working just by the roundabout at the Hospital Comarcal de la Axarquia.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:07 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi allgram,

Some times. for the Bus............. :?:

http://www.velezmalaga.es/contenido/dat ... CALETA.pdf
Unfortunately that timetable is now also well out of date, Travelsa the bus company have obviously not updated their website since services and timetables were revised early in 2015. :thumbdown:

The Council did, however, instal new bus stops which all carry details of the revised timetable for the local buses (including at the bus stations in Torre del Mar and in Vélez).

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:10 pm

The trams are now in Seville apparently. They are hoping to sell them after the farce with Australia.

Those trams have done some miles but not many in Velez and Torre.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi Free at Last,

I see you wrote about the Trams back in 2014.............Zanuck even had the thought "Were they even unloaded from the Ship in Auz"

Yes Bus time tables....hence the :?: ...........from Town Hall site..........can't get the staff these days.......all working in UK....... 8)

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Could well be! It's such a pity the bus timetables aren't available from the Ayuntamiento website as otherwise I think the site is a good one (there is a facility to report faults such as broken streetlights, for example, and whenever I've done it the fault has always been rectified within 24 hours).

Personally I wish they would forget about the tram and leave the bus services alone because at the moment with the revised lines and routes the services are the best they've ever been.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:32 pm

costakid wrote:The trams are now in Seville apparently. They are hoping to sell them after the farce with Australia.

Those trams have done some miles but not many in Velez and Torre.
No, they are not in Sevilla - I have seen them parked up at the Travelsa depot opposite El Ingenio 3 times this week already, when travelling between Vélez and Torre by bus.

Sevilla was only mentioned as one possibility of who might be interested in buying the tram units because the Sevilla system uses the same type.

http://www.diariosur.es/axarquia/201606 ... 12047.html

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Free at Last wrote:
Enrique wrote:Hi Free at Last,

I see you wrote about the Trams back in 2014.............Zanuck even had the thought "Were they even unloaded from the Ship in Auz"

Yes Bus time tables....hence the :?: ...........from Town Hall site..........can't get the staff these days.......all working in UK....... 8)
Could well be! It's such a pity the bus timetables aren't available from the Ayuntamiento website as otherwise I think the site is a good one (there is a facility to report faults such as broken streetlights, for example, and whenever I've done it the fault has always been rectified within 24 hours).

Personally I wish they would forget about the tram and leave the bus services alone because at the moment with the revised lines and routes the services are the best they've ever been.
That was the problem hardly anyone even used it! Why they want to go spending more money on getting it going once again I do not know. Money down the tram lines methinks :wink:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi Free at Last,

" It's such a pity the bus timetables aren't available from the Ayuntamiento website "

http://www.velezmalaga.es/index.php?mod=transporte

The Bus Time Table I posted came from the above site............ :(

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:17 pm

I know, I should have said "such a pity the up to date bus timetables aren't available" :D

When I have time this evening I'll have a look at the Incidencias Viarios system to see if there's an option to report matters relating to public transport and if there is I'll ask them to update the timetables.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Its July no one is there! Just been to the post office the queue a mile long with one only person on duty as the other one is on her months long holiday and then the lady there today has August off. Roll on September.