Malaga car hire.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga car hire.

Postby markwilding » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for that,
The cost of car hire is very low. From 5-10 Euros per day so although I know I'm already covered, the problem for me is the excess charges which can be as much as a thousand Euros. 6 plus 20 Euros per day still offers good value and no need to give them my credit card.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:29 pm

They don't "charge" your card for £1,000 for the excess. They "block" that amount so it can be charged if necessary, and there is no risk of you exceeding your credit limit. For example if your credit limit was £1,500 and they block £1,000 you would only be able to spend £500 during your holiday. There are no transaction costs or currency conversion risks with "blocking" an amount on a card.

They have your credit card details anyway from the hire and the excess (if you buy it.)

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:27 pm

I returned a car to malagacar.com last week.
The lady said that there was scratches on the car, i have never being questioned about anything with Malagacar before and i have hired with them
30+ times, i did not have the original document for some unexplained reason it was not in the car, she did mention that it seemed unusual that the one time there was a query i could not produce this which to be fair was a valid comment. However when she checked on the system she discovered that the scratches were there when i collected.
She did say during our conversation that i could take pictures of the car on collection, i said if i had to go to that trouble collecting a car i would buy a
car. The idea of taking pictures of a car in the dark at night in malaga does not appeal to me after already 8 hours already traveling and still a bit to do.
There is a possibility they are trying to create revenue at the end of the season?

Just thought i say here...

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Yes they are all crooks and the more folk relay this to consumer services the better. It is becoming a real cause for concern and needs to be stopped

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Also nobody should have to suffer having £1000 to £1500 blocked from their personal bank cards. It means that these companies are treating us all as cheats when it should be the other way round. And there is no come back

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:28 pm

personally i do not have a problem with money being blocked as we can buy insurance, we cannot be expected to examine a car for minor scratches especially at night after getting off a flight.
overall i am not unhappy but wondered if anyone else had this problem in recent weeks...

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:05 pm

There is loads on this this and other threads.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:38 pm

There is loads of stuff everywhere? this thread is about Malaga Car Hire? if you not interested it may be you should look at the previous stuff and not bother engaging in this.
I was asking if people experienced what i did for first time last week???
You can read all of previous stuff i am too busy, i will have a look at what you suggest...

Regards...

Return to “Travel, Tourism & Destinations”