We're coming to Estepona

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

We're coming to Estepona

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 am

It's been two years since the last visit and we've missed it.
It will be interesting to see how the area has changed.
Anything of note we should see.
This time were are staying room only right on the sea front at the Mediterraneo, so would be interested on any breakfast place recommendations.
We're not having a car this time and have got a private transfer with our travel company.

Changing the subject ... Has there been any progress in extending the rail line on from Fuengirola to Algecerias? I'm hoping it will be done before I check out.

Gracias

KarenD
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: We're coming to Estepona

Postby KarenD » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:09 pm

We love Estepona and we're lucky as it's only a 15 minute drive away from where we live. There is the orchidarium - I don't know if that was open the last time you went. Also there are more murals to take a look at and it's great to walk around the town trying to find them all. The tourist office has a map with them all marked on.

Enjoy!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks Karen.
The orchid house had just opened when we were there last time and we visited. We will probably go again as I'm sure the plants will have developed more.
We spent half a day walking round the murals which I think are great. The one with a staircase and hand rail was so realistic, that I walked across intending to climb it so OH could take a pic, only to discover it was a painting.
I am also hoping our trip coincides with an event at the Pena Flamenca ( usually first Friday of the month) if you like flamenco music they do the real thing there.

I used to be very active on this forum until we sold the little place we owned at Villacana a few years ago. We used to come about three times a year for over twenty years. Have been back a few times since and stayed in the town. Villacana was great when the kids were little. Now times have changed an we want somewhere we can walk out the door and be in the hub of things without using a car.

Where abouts are you based if you don't mind me asking.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Re the Rail Line... I found an a.com article about it.
Doesn't look as if there's any likelihood of anything happening in the foreseeable.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Don’t hold your breath on the train line extending from Fuengirola. It will never happen ever. Where will it go? Not along the coast and definatley not underground because of the cost. No point in building 2 miles inland.