Nerja Town Bus

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Laslomas
Resident

Nerja Town Bus

Postby Laslomas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Can anyone in the area confirm whether the Nerja Urbano Bus (Blue Town bus) goes down to Burriana beach. I know at one time it was only seasonal but not sure of the current situation, or when the season starts. Does it go all the way to the bottom of the hill? Thanks

Stevemul
Resident

Re: Nerja Town Bus

Postby Stevemul » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 pm

I believe not. Certainly through the winter it turns right after Los Arcos Hotel down only to Chimnea where it turns around and comes back up to the Oasis roundabout where it turns back towards the town.
I have always believed that there is some sort of agreement with the Taxi Companies that the bus will not go all the way down. Call me cynical!

Laslomas
Resident

Re: Nerja Town Bus

Postby Laslomas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks for the information, so annoying. I never mind walking down to the beach, but coming back up the hill on a hot day is not something I want to do.
You could be right about the Taxis. At one time the 'Wally Trolley' did a much longer route and would pick up and drop off anywhere until the Town bus company complained :thumbdown: