ryanair

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

ryanair

Postby wollie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:08 am

I just wonder if i am doing something wrong, lately i find this site impossible and wonder why why it is so slow and will not give prices for correct dates as entered. Also it will jump several months, say i want to book a flight in September it will often not show the price for the actual date i have entered, then when i click for the week ahead i may find the price for that date and if i click the week before it comes back to a date around now.
I got fed up and booked with Easyjet in a few mins. I just wonder if i am the only person with this problem.

Many thanks.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: ryanair

Postby Lyric » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:47 am

I rarely travel, it's usually weddings and funerals, but last time I booked RYR it did jump a week and I didn't notice. It took a while to sort out on the phone but eventually I did sort it out and got my money back.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 am

What i was really talking about is the way the website does not work very well and slow and difficult.
I wondered if there was something i could do to make it better as i travel a lot.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 am

I find it just the same, always assumed it was because it was a busy site, very frustrating indeed!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:01 am

Strange, I've booked flights three times in the last couple of months and never experienced any problems at all. Furthermore, I took the plunge and went paperless, using their mobile app for the boarding passes, and that also worked perfectly and very easily.
Someone like Enrique may have more techie suggestions, but perhaps you should try clearing your browser history and cookies and trying again, or perhaps try a different browser (I use Chrome). Or use a different device altogether.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 am

Same as Miro. I have booked flights and often look to see what is available in the future and haven't had any problems (so far!).

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 am

I believe Ryanair have effectively three websites on the go. There is the original one ( maybe the one you are using), a newer one and their App for mobiles.
I have all of these on my pc and Ipad and I flit between them according to what I want to do ie book a flight, look at costs, check in etc.
If one is " playing up" I go to one of the others! I've given up trying to understand the ins and outs as this takes you into the realms of understanding what goes on in Michael O'Leary's brain!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:48 am

Other than ryanair.com I am unaware of any other site. I can't see any option on the site to switch between new and old versions.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:19 pm

As I said, I don't understand it myself. I have two saved shortcuts and each lead me to a different Ryanair homepage. Plus the Ryanair App on my iPad.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 pm

What are the two urls? (the www. addresses) If they are the same, you may simply have an old cached version of the site. If that's the case, the older version may well present problems.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Just used Ryanair.com without problems. It is the newer version (although I think it's been around some time now). I always just use the website that comes up when I start typing the address in. You may have a link to an older version although it would seem odd that it still exists.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I book my flights well in advance and i wonder if this may be the problem?
Chrome is not what i use as i downloaded it before and it changed things
on computer and i am not a techie.

thanks

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:15 pm

My forthcoming flights were booked 8 months previously, but I always use Chrome so maybe it's using another browser that's causing the problems. I am on Windows7 so not on a very up to date computer.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:46 pm

The website had a major overhaul, but a few years ago now. There are screen shots of the old and new sites here:
http://www.digital-tonic.co.uk/digital- ... -patterns/
I find the current site works very well, easy to navigate, and no need to "de-select" options you don't want, as you had to in the past.
I don't really understand how anyone can still access the old site (if that's what they are doing) but as I said before, if they are I'm not surprised they're having difficulties.

LITTLEMO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LITTLEMO » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Their new website operates using chrome. I couldn't change my seats on the site and phoned customer service and was told I needed to use chrome.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Yes i downloaded chrome on the advise of someone here and it seems to be considerably better.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Wollie, you are not alone. Usually worse when I am accessing from Spain. i usually use Opera but have had the same problems with others. If it's not missing out the dates I want it is insisting I fly to Basel from Stansted... which is not the normal way I would get to Malaga from Leeds.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon May 01, 2017 2:57 pm

LITTLEMO wrote:Their new website operates using chrome. I....phoned customer service and was told I needed to use chrome.
It may be that it functions better in Chrome than some other browsers, but it's almost inconceivable that such a huge and busy website is not optimised for every known browser & device. Unless it was designed and built by the same muppets responsible for Spanish government websites, which is unlikely.
It works just as well for me with Firefox or MS Edge. What browser were you using previously, Wollie, and is it up to date (latest version)?