flying from malaga

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

flying from malaga

Postby wollie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 am

How much time will i need to allow for the car hire bus to drop me back at the Airport?

The last time i used Malagacar and now they have this big bus that takes forever to load/unload.
I insisted on being brought to the Airport as the bus was not manned and then after about
10 mins the driver arrived and he had a sandwich in his hand, he was obviously taking a break
and this said driver from an outsource company, it was 25+ seater bus with a trailer the type
used for golf parties.
I asked the guy who dropped me at the Airport why? he said with the new restrictions with dropping
off at the Airport Malagacar now only use their own vans for pickup as tied up too much with the
traffic for dropoff..
I just thought i put to the experts on here.

many thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: flying from malaga

Postby costakid » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am

The normal 90 minutes plus an extra 30 should be fine. It is all running quite smoothly at the moment. July and August may be different.

.:JONTY:.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby .:JONTY:. » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Came back from Vejer de la Frontera 3 weeks ago and dropped the car off at Malagacar.com and waited less than 5 minutes and was whisked to the airport with no problem. The moral is 'allow time for the transfer'
A sense of humour is the lubricant of life's machinery

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 am

I've never had a delay being transferred from Malagacar's office to the terminal. A lot of times they even use the car I've just returned in to drive me up to departures. My last experience of this was march 21st.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon May 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Yes, every time I've used Malagacar they take me instantly in the car I've just returned. I don't really understand what the OP is saying. Is it that this practice has now stopped because of the new restrictions, and you have to wait for the mini bus? If so I would allow 20 minutes.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon May 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Returned to Leeds from Malaga Wednesday evening. Straight onto the bus and off we went, only 3 of us on.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 pm

I used Malagacar in March and in April, on April they were using an outside company to take people to the airport for their flights.
I have being using Malagacar for 5 years and very happy but i do hope this new arrangement is not left in place.
The bus 25+ seats with a trailer and the guy who brought me to the airport eventually in a car as i not have time to wait.
It may be they have got complaints and reverted back, i did send an email after i got home but no reply, not a big enough issue
to keep emailing, i either put up with it or hire a car from rentals on airport site.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 pm

There are some big changes going on at the departures part of the airport, the minibuses are experiencing the biggest / longest queues at the moment.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 am

This is what i am talking about, Malagacar are using an outsource company with a big bus that takes forever to load/unload.
To be fair logistically they cannot have all of their collection buses caught up in Queues.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am

Thursday night it was running smooth. Security guard stopping cars going into bus drop area. May be longer for passenger cars but taxis etc are ok.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu May 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Sorry, I made it sound bad. Its not as bad as everyone thinks, to be honest its only "jammed up" at peak times - Friday mornings, Sunday mornings, midnight most nights - when a lot of flights are landing etc.

Hopefully when the roadworks are finished and the new system becomes "active" it will make things a lot easier for everyone and ease the congestion.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 am

Hopefully it improves as when i there very busy, what will summer be like?
Costa, nice to see you escaped from O'Leary.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 05, 2017 2:11 pm

hmm. I think Malaga is partly a victim of its own success. In the old days everything was so convenient for the customer . Drop off free outside the terminal. Parking handy and near.
Then it doubled in size and you now have to walk fantastic distances for the airport. I sound lazy , I am not it is just hard work with luggage and a disabled person in a wheelchair until you get assistance from the good yellow jacket scheme.