New York

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Parilla
Resident

New York

Postby Parilla » Thu May 11, 2017 5:07 pm

It's more years than I care to remember since I've been to New York, but I'm planning a trip for a week at the end of November (after Thanksgiving !), for a family celebration and to visit a very good old friend and school mate. I'm looking for a good hotel in the midtown Manhattan area, Times Squarish, and being a little bit cynical about some of the TripAdvisor recommendations, I wondered if anyone on the forum had reasonably current experience. As long as the cost isn't too ridiculous, I'm happy to push the boat out a bit as I don't think we'll be doing any jaunts like this after this one. We pretty much know the things/places we would want to do/visit in the week, but if anyone has suggestions for "must does/sees" I would be grateful.

Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New York

Postby costakid » Thu May 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Tonys in Little Italy is the best Pizza in New York. The place has been in Godfather 3, the Sopranos and Goodfellows. Also Beauty and Essex in essex street is a must see.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 am

Already on the list costakid, but thanks anyway.

Parilla

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 am

If you mean good hotel as in good and not extremely expensive you probably won't find any.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 12, 2017 8:24 am

We stopped at the Hampton Inn W35th street. Small rooms but so are all hotels in NY. Clean and a descent breakfast. Not too expensive for the area. Pole position for most things. Right opposite Macys. 5 minutes to Times Square.

Jenny1960
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jenny1960 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Parilla,
I go to NYC every year at least once and I find that either Expedia or BA do the best deals.
I'm too looking to go in November and I like the look of The Stewart Hotel which I found on Expedia.
Have a good trip wherever you stay. I'm sure you will, it's a fantastic place!