Malaga airport new departures procedure

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga airport new departures procedure

Postby olive » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Well I have long said that the expansion of Malaga seems to have been designed for everyone except the passenger.

Baggage reclaim on late flights and no other flights around- furthest carousel from the exit because that is the one they always use for xx airline

as they start issuing fines for illegal drops it should sort its self out or people will vote with their feet and use a different airport? There are airports in the UK I do not use anymore.

Border control . How often do you get there and there is no one in the booths to look at I/C flight passports and then a big queue forms?

i suspect that some pen pushers will be congratulating themselves on handling more passengers and you are right no heads will roll.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Went to the airport today. We always used to use the express carpark in departures and it was always abit of a struggle getting past all the cars that just parked and double parked in the drop off bays.so much easy today. New barriers helping security stopping cars bar taxis etc getting near to the front entrance and new in and out barriers located in good spots to gain entrance to the express carpark with 15 mins free parking. So much easier now

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Olive wrote: people will vote with their feet and use a different airport? There are airports in the UK I do not use anymore.

So what airport will you use if your local airport is Malaga and you fall out of love with it. Almeria? Gibraltar? Granada? I don’t think so. I suppose you could use Madrid and the AVE.

They have us by the short and curlys and they know it.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 pm

I have resolved my issue with the drop off, I have to call into the car hire area to sort something out with my hire car, my mate will be dropped off in there to make his way to the departures.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 am

Not a nice walk from the car hire area. I assume you mean your mate gets a lift on the car hire bus?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 am

jogger wrote:I have resolved my issue with the drop off, I have to call into the car hire area to sort something out with my hire car, my mate will be dropped off in there to make his way to the departures.
I did that once years ago when i was picking up someone,i be guessing a pretty hefty penalty if policia find out.
I don't think i would do it now with the tightened security.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 am

Whats wrong with the free 15 min express carpark at departures. *confused*

My local airport in the uk charges £3 just to go into the drop off area and straight out again

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 am

Malaga Airport Statistics/Estadisticas De Málaga... have a look.

I n the last 5 years numbers at Malaga Airport have increased by 40+%. It seems to me they are a victim of Spain's success because of security issues throughout Europe.
I do not think there is much they can do outside, maybe tweak the parking but because i use car hire i have no knowledge of this area.
However i think the police check at terminal 2 and 3 are too slow, i read here someone was 35 mins. i was there last week but do not know hoe long it took.
People have already queued for security less than an hour before and in my opinion once people are in there should be free movement, if the powers that be decide there be another check it should take definately no more than 5 mins.
It may be that there be more bodies later as two security police at each terminal cannot handle the volume of people passing through.
I am flyong from Malaga in August and i expect it will be mad.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:17 am

Wollie, we're talking about the problems of dropping off and picking up of departing and arriving passengers. The security issues at Malaga are a different issue. Or are you talking about security at the drop off points?

Going back on topic I think the 15 minutes free at the press parking is a great idea. The problem seems to be that a good proportion of other users screw it up by blocking lanes, parking in the wrong area and generally being stupid.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

I was not aware we were confined to talking about parking? sorry...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:07 pm

We are not.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:55 am

Well no, but people reading this thread are presumably primarily interested in its subject matter:

"Malaga airport new departures procedure"

So suddenly, mid thread, raising security is slightly off topic.

That's all. No big deal.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 am

You don't seem to get it the only issue here is "security"

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:52 am

I would think that it is ok to discuss all matters to do with the airport. No big deal. Those of us who only go once in a blue moon want to know about all issues.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:53 pm

wollie wrote:You don't seem to get it the only issue here is "security"
No it is NOT. Where is it stated that the new drop-off policy is due to security? If I am wrong then of course your points are valid.

It is patently no more "secure" to drop off in express parking than it was to drop off at the side of the road. I may be mistaken but I thought it was about safety, congestion and new roads.

Anyway, if everyone complied with it the new process would be just fine.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:58 pm

maureenscot wrote:I would think that it is ok to discuss all matters to do with the airport. No big deal. Those of us who only go once in a blue moon want to know about all issues.

Agreed, but there are two issues

"Security procedures at AGP"

And

"Drop off at departures procedures at AGP"

And IMO they should be different threads for those interested in the different issues

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Well if you want to have a thread you will need to create same and then we have three..
This by olive...

"Security procedures at AGP"

"Drop off at departures procedures at AGP"

Go on sure be a bit of banter...

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:57 pm

hahahahahahaha

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:46 pm

wollie wrote:
jogger wrote:I have resolved my issue with the drop off, I have to call into the car hire area to sort something out with my hire car, my mate will be dropped off in there to make his way to the departures.
I did that once years ago when i was picking up someone,i be guessing a pretty hefty penalty if policia find out.
I don't think i would do it now with the tightened security.
No I had to actually go in to see the hire company as they told me to sort out the wrong mileage recorded on my paperwork as there is a 2,000 mile limit. It just so happened the timing was perfect and totally legit.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:56 pm

i believe every word you officer?