Ryanair yet again!

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

Re: Ryanair yet again!

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:48 am

Please elaborate how this will make the fares cheaper and how the fares are more expensive if you can choose among available seats if you already have the seat-less alternative as default.

The extra money generated goes back into the business and since Ryanair have basically two agendas currently.
Lowest fares and AGB it is likely the money generated will likely drive fares down.
This business is as much about "market share"as profit though the bottom line is always dinero...

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:02 am

wollie wrote: The extra money generated goes back into the business and since Ryanair have basically two agendas currently.
Lowest fares and AGB it is likely the money generated will likely drive fares down.
This business is as much about "market share"as profit though the bottom line is always dinero...
So you really believe that a capitalistic corporation would fly airplanes at a compensation rate which wouldn't reach break even for a passenger that didn't pay for the optional extra service?

Remind me to show you my collection of rare coins and stamps.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:18 am

Flexo wrote:
wollie wrote: The extra money generated goes back into the business and since Ryanair have basically two agendas currently.
So you really believe that a capitalistic corporation would fly airplanes at a compensation rate which wouldn't reach break even for a passenger that didn't pay for the optional extra service?

Remind me to show you my collection of rare coins and stamps.
They do it all the time, a few years ago i bought a Ryanair return flight to Seville for €12.99, return €0.01.
The idea is to develope the route and the Ryanair "brand"

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:39 am

Ryanair need to earn 6 euros from every seat on a flight to make a profit. The stag weekend group who drink all the way to Malaga make up for Jack and Joan who take there own sandwiches and don’t spend a penny. Its purely a numbers game.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 am

That's more or less my point any profit above the level set will go towards developing new routes marketing etc, maybe a day at the races for Micho...

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:38 pm

wollie wrote: They do it all the time, a few years ago i bought a Ryanair return flight to Seville for €12.99, return €0.01.
The idea is to develope the route and the Ryanair "brand"
No, they made a profit on you because you bought two tickets. What you are implying is that you can buy a ticket for 0.01 EUR and not paying them anything else whatsoever to bring them into a break even scenario which is extremely unlikely given that most people will have to pay the bus or train ticket at least 2 to 4 times per round trip and have at least one meal somewhere along the Ryanair controlled areas.

What strikes me as usual among the Ryanair fans is the lack of clarity and holistic understanding to what they are actually doing. When you are paying for the airport transfer to a Ryanair flight, you are not paying a 3rd party, you are paying Ryanair. The same thing for a restaurant at a Ryanair airport.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:57 pm

"Holistic Understanding" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I So Bella tis you

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:40 pm

What strikes me as usual among the Ryanair fans is the lack of clarity and holistic understanding to what they are actually doing. When you are paying for the airport transfer to a Ryanair flight, you are not paying a 3rd party, you are paying Ryanair. The same thing for a restaurant at a Ryanair airport.

I have found most people who use Ryanair know how to get around, its generally on-off tourists get caught up with extras.
This associate marketing is everywhere as if you are not in direct competition with the same product it is win-win.
Also airport food is generally expensive rubbish.
I was not aware Ryanair had their own airports? i thought they just paid the fees.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 pm

I remember a tv interview with Michael O'Leary where he said that his philosophy was simple.
" I maximise sales and minimise my costs. The bit in the middle is mine!"

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:42 am

wollie wrote: I have found most people who use Ryanair know how to get around, its generally on-off tourists get caught up with extras.
How fair then. You have to be street smart not to be screwed over. Sounds like your type of company.
This associate marketing is everywhere as if you are not in direct competition with the same product it is win-win.
It is called exploiting a monopoly situation and is quite often illegal as it is regulated by anti trust laws. I am pretty sure we will see anti trust laws kicking in against Ryanair.
Also airport food is generally expensive rubbish.
That doesn't change that on a Ryanair exclusive airport you might end up paying 15 EUR for a small burger to enlarge the profit of Ryanair.
I was not aware Ryanair had their own airports? i thought they just paid the fees.
Stop trolling and read what I write. Ryanair exclusive airport is airports where Ryanair is the only carrier and all employees are paid by Ryanair. At those airports all companies are required to pay Ryanair all sorts of fees, like you buy a burger you pay Ryanair, if you take a bus you pay Ryanair, if you ask for legal advice for the airline screwing you over you ask someone paid by Ryanair.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:54 am

We fly Ryanair this trip and are more than happy with it.

I like the principle of having a basic price and then charging for things you choose to use.

Bottom line... If one doesn't like Ryanair, then use another carrier.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 am

I am not trolling but you are talking rubbish, tell me where the Airports where Ryanair are the exclusive carrier?
As regard associate marketing, it is not illegal, the best example i can think of is the Champions league.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 am

Ryanair exclusive airport is airports where Ryanair is the only carrier and all employees are paid by Ryanair. At those airports all companies are required to pay Ryanair all sorts of fees, like you buy a burger you pay Ryanair, if you take a bus you pay Ryanair, if you ask for legal advice for the airline screwing you over you ask someone paid by Ryanair.
Flexo, I think you're wrong. Give us an example of a "Ryanair airport"

There certainly is no airport where "all employees are paid by Ryanair". That's flippin' nonsense, matey.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:21 am

Stevemul wrote:I remember a tv interview with Michael O'Leary where he said that his philosophy was simple.
" I maximise sales and minimise my costs. The bit in the middle is mine!"
love or hate him he is a pretty clever dude...

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 am

Never had a problem with them......good at what they do.....never had a Ryanair Burger though :lol:
I So Bella tis you

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm

What are the odds against Flexo coming back with a list of Ryanair exclusive airports?
Or will he just slip away and wait for another opportunity to slag off Ryanair?

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Typical Ryanair exclusive airports are Paris Beuvais, Stockholm Skavsta, Milan Bergamo etc. Just because you only fly to Malaga doesn't mean the average Ryanair flight is to a real airport.
There certainly is no airport where "all employees are paid by Ryanair". That's flippin' nonsense, matey.
Says who, you? If Ryanair is the only airline operating, they are required to keep the min. services on their payroll. If Ryanair is the only international airline operating from an airport, they are required to pay for all the international services.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Flexo wrote:Typical Ryanair exclusive airports are Paris Beuvais, Stockholm Skavsta, Milan Bergamo .
INCORRECT

Paris Beauvais also have operations by Wizz - Blue Air - Air Moldova

Milan Bergamo operate Wizz - Pobeda Air - Air Arabia Maroc - Meridiana - Pegasus Air - etc

Stockholm Skavsta also operate Wizz Air
I So Bella tis you

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Flexo wrote:Typical Ryanair exclusive airports are Paris Beuvais, Stockholm Skavsta, Milan Bergamo etc. Just because you only fly to Malaga doesn't mean the average Ryanair flight is to a real airport.
Says who, you? If Ryanair is the only airline operating, they are required to keep the min. services on their payroll. If Ryanair is the only international airline operating from an airport, they are required to pay for all the international services.
Flexo, they say "when you dig a hole so deep you cannot get out it be better to stop digging" Australia...

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:
Flexo wrote:Typical Ryanair exclusive airports are Paris Beuvais, Stockholm Skavsta, Milan Bergamo .
INCORRECT

Paris Beauvais also have operations by Wizz - Blue Air - Air Moldova

Milan Bergamo operate Wizz - Pobeda Air - Air Arabia Maroc - Meridiana - Pegasus Air - etc

Stockholm Skavsta also operate Wizz Air
Yeah NOW there are a few other airlines that piggybacks on those airports but when Ryanair started flying to Skavsta they were the only airline to fly there. The same with Castellon (they even paid Ryanair a fortune to start using the airport). But the fact remains that a few airlines that fly inside the Schengen area does not correspond to extra-Schengen-flights. That means Ryanair has to guarantee there is a staff checking passports if they have an extra-Schengen flight.