Flamenco in Sevilla in August

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Flamenco in Sevilla in August

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 am

Four of us, all females, are having a few days in Sevilla at the start of August. We are staying in a hotel near the Cathedral and Royal Palaces. We want to see some flamenco, preferably not touristy but some good Spanish flamenco. Has anyone any recommendations, please.

wollie
Resident

Re: Flamenco in Sevilla in August

Postby wollie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am

Casa de la Guitarra

I think it is unlikely you get what you are looking for in Sevilla, it is such a tourist orientated city everything is event organized towards the tourist and dinero.
The above place is reasonably priced (about 15€) and though i have not personally being some friends have and enjoyed it.
I have being lucky enough to find what you are looking for but generally around local festivals and because they are only locally advertised you will only know if you happen to be there when its on.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:09 pm

We went to one at the hotel alcantara in the santa cruz area(its on tripadvisor).set in a nice andaluz patio.first time id ever been to one so cant compair with others but the dancers were excellent and we thought it was v.good.

I think theres some more authentic shows in the triana area remember reading a few threads on the T.A forum in the seville section

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:18 pm

See if there is a Pena Flamenca there

Pena Flamenca is a club for flamenco aficionados and not aimed at the tourist market.

However anyone can go in. They have them all over the word. There's one in Estepona which I have been to a few times and it was great. Cheap to get in.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Yeah that was mentioned on T.A richard.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Thank you very much and I shall check out all suggestions.