Alsa bus tickets

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Alsa bus tickets

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 pm

I have booked on line for a single ticket next week, I have the App on my phone and downloaded the ticket to my phone. Does this ticket count as a ticket or do I have to have a printed ticket?
The problem is the return trip, I will be dog sitting in the campo and will not know until the last minute when I will get home. I will not have access to a printer.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Alsa bus tickets

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 am

I had a problem with an Alsa ticket booked online and printed off. Because I used the English option on their Website the ticket was printed in English and the driver had never seen one before and of course couldn't read the ticket. Best to pay as you board, I would say!

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Always best to click SEND SMS then you get a TX which they accept , always take the card that you paid with and the identity document used , passport or NIE . The same tx will show both journeys if its a return booking .

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks for the replies, I had asked for a SMS to be sent. I could not leave booking until the day, just a few seats left when I booked

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Our last guest wanted to go to Granada to meet a pal for onwards to the UK in a van. I booked her a ticket on line and printed the result. I took her to the station and made sure she got on the correct bus, which she did wafting her sheet of A4 ahead of herself. Driver completely NFI, is this you on my info sheet ? yes, OK get on.
Seems, as ever, a variable feast.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 am

My wife meets our Daughter in different parts of Spain when she flies in so have boon using ALSA for many years , always long journeys and many different routs all over Spain , what the previous poster has said is correct , different experiences not only with routs but drivers .

Might be of use to some to know that ALSA is owned by National Express . ALSA have a Facebook account , can find it by typing ALSA in Facebook search bar , you can message them in English and they are normally good at replying , sometimes within minutes but in our experience never more than a couple of hours later , they will often ask for your locator number if your question is related to a ticket already booked .

The staff that deal with the inquiries are very knowledgeable and can answer most questions .