Cruising from Malaga

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cruising from Malaga

Postby Dunflittin68 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Don't know if I posted this before on this forum but we are looking to take a cruise next year for our 50th wedding anniversary. We want to cruise from Malaga if possible but want to cruise the med with a 3 or more days stay in Rome and I would love to visit Venice I am having difficulty finding anything unless we fly out to Rome to stay and then pick up a cruise from there but this is very expensive to do. Anyone got any other ideas ?

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Cruising from Malaga

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:31 pm

We only cruise from Malaga normally on Thomson or Pulmantur. Pulmantur is wholly Spanish, very noisy, but we love it. There was a similar thread recently where the purista had their say and neither were rated very highly. It's all down to personal taste. I'm surprised Google hasn't shown up what is available from Malaga. It now has a very big and moderm cruise terminal.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:59 pm

I didn't know that Thomson did cruises from Malaga. I just want a nice cruise line that caters for my fussy husband who doesn't like saucey food or lots of spices (opposite to me but have to cater for him unfortunately), so I might be best with Thomson so I will take a look at them although I didn't think they included Rome on their med cruises I have to say.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:09 pm

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37974

I think this was your original post above. I don't think a lot of cruises go from Malaga although loads of ships now visit the port. You may have to look at a Spanish travel agents as they may do packages from here like El Corte Ingles for example:
https://cruceros.viajeselcorteingles.es ... ction.html

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 pm

There was a similar thread a while ago, maybe some useful links.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27996&p=261370&hil ... es#p261370