Ferry to Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ferry to Spain

Postby burrotaxi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 pm

After twenty years flying to Spain and with retirement beckoning it is our intention to start driving over (with dog etc) and staying for up to six months at a stretch. I’m not conversant with ferry crossings so wondered what the best options are for booking at lowest cost and with open ticket? Are there sales, frequent traveller offers etc, are certain departure ports preferable/cheaper?. Its our intention to get ferry to Spain not travel through France.

Thanks in anticipation
BurroTaxi

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ferry to Spain

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi burrotaxi,

If you search The Site......... Brittany Ferries....... loads of info

Dogs will need Pets Passports............

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/infor ... vel-scheme

I book Direct with Brittany Ferries as I'm a "Club" member..............some discounts available , more out of Season.

In the past I've had to cancel a Crossing and re booked two weeks later with small admin fee.............. your open Ticket...... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Ferry to Spain

Postby biribiri » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Be aware that if you want a pet-friendly cabin they are usually fully booked months in advance. The other alternative is that the dog stays in a kennel with opportunities for owners to visit for feeding,walks etc.