Bed & Breakfast Loja

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
MGentle

Bed & Breakfast Loja

Postby MGentle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Can anyone recommend a Bed & Breakfast or Hotel in the Loja area, English speaking preferably as limited Spanish, for the beginning of March?
Many thanks

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bed & Breakfast Loja

Postby olive » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Not stayed in any as too close to home.

Hotel Almazara up above Rio Frio so say 4 km from Loja is no3 on tripadviser, Hotel Rural Llano Pina on west side of town is number 2

Hotel abades is the motorway services up above the town and too far to walk anywhere . El mirador is closed for extensive renovations

Manzanil Area de Servicio Hotel is opposite the Mercadona on the Eastern end of town. Ask for a room at the back if you want a quiet night. all are easy to find from the motorway.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 pm

MGentle - Are you stopping over for one, two nights or longer?

I've stayed in the Manzanil Hotel opposite Mercadona just for two nights, it was very tired this was reflected in the price, breakfast was in the bar on the ground floor. The Almazara is a very pleasant hotel in nice surroundings, last time I was there the guy on the desk who I think was the manager spoke a little English. The Abades Hotel is part of the motorway service area which can be noisy all hours. The Almazara would be my choice, a short walking distance to the many restaurants/bars of Rio Frio, but as with the Llano Pina its a 5 minute drive in to Loja.

I've never come across any hotels or B&Bs in the town of Loja itself.

terry

jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jamesbowker » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm

I would second Almazara but Hotel Llano Pino is also a good choice.