Moving a caravan to a park in Andalucia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Anna1

Moving a caravan to a park in Andalucia

Postby Anna1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello,
We're wondering if anyone has any information or advice about bringing a static holiday caravan from the UK to Andalucia. I know it can be done but have no idea where to start!
Any suggestions would be appreciated as we'd much rather keep our van in Spain, obviously!
Thank you,
Anna1

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Moving a caravan to a park in Andalucia

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm

I can't give you any details of companies that do this but I once knew a couple who moved a static caravan from U K to Benidorm, this would be about seven years ago and it cost around £3000.00 to actually transport it.

The caravan site put up all sorts of conditions, it had to be under 6 years old, plus the site fees which were around £200.00 per month plus services, don't know if this helps !

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Give these a ring they may give you an idea as to what the cost is.

http://ramseydouglas.com/spain-uk/stora ... n-storage/
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:58 am

Anna...Good Morning,
I've seen many 'statics' being shipped from UK and there are plenty of carriers available, maybe you could enter your details on one of the numerous courier sites who will bid for the job ?
I'm not sure that it is really worth shipping your own 'van', unless of course it is very new, and of course it would depend on whether you maybe decide to site it privately or at a campsite as indicated.
There are many bargains advertised of sited statics, maybe you could investigate, it could be cheaper and less hassle to sell your static in UK and buy one already sited ?

Regards,
Gordon..

Anna1

Postby Anna1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Thank you very much for your replies Manchesteral, swerve and Gordon.
Clearly we need to go back to the drawing board and think this through. It seemed like a good idea, and I'd still like to do it, but you've given us such helpful advice that we can really look at the implications now. I hadn't realised the sites would make it difficult.
Thank you very much,
Anna

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu May 31, 2018 4:27 pm

try www.andalucia.com website

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu May 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Something to consider - there are some very much custom-built sites which cater especially for "Park-homes" - static caravans with plumbing, garden plots, tarmac roads and club-house - these have very expensive rates and usually expect you to buy on-site, off-plan. There are not many in Andalucia - more up on the east coast.
There are up-market sites used by the Holiday Companies - think Eurocamp, Keycamp, Canvas, etc - these are all singing all dancing holiday factories, and again most are further north. A good bet if you want an efficiently run site with good facilities. Most have private owners areas and you may even have the opportunity to buy an ex-hire-fleet unit.
Then there are the spanish campsites, with statics, tourers, huge fixed tents, and robust holiday-families - all cheek-by-jowl, each with their own cook-tent, duckboards or matting covering most of the plot, small plots, and generally a health and fire hazard in the making. These are probably your cheapest option, but is it really what you are after?
I suggest you hire an apartment for a couple of weeks and tour the area you might be interested in - visit all the campsites in the area and chat to estate agents to see if any schemes are in hand for Park-Home developments, and be VERY careful of any contracts you sign.
They call them mobil'omes, or caravanas es-staticas.