PICKING UP PEOPLE AT MALAGA AIRPORT

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

PICKING UP PEOPLE AT MALAGA AIRPORT

Postby patricia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 am

What is it like these days picking up people from Malaga airport!

Has anyone done it recently! I know you get 15 mins free but what happens if you over stay! Or more importantly how much do they charge!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

wollie
Resident

Re: PICKING UP PEOPLE AT MALAGA AIRPORT

Postby wollie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:10 am

€3.50 for first hour, its crazy busy in the morning...

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 am

OK thanks for that Wollie. I will think of something else like parking at Plaza Mayor! :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am

if you overstay your 15 minutes you just put your card in on exit. Dont think it takes cash though. There is obviously longer stay car parks. I always park down the road and tell my guests to call me once they are up stairs and then i drive into short stay. It can be busy but I have never over stayed the 15 minutes.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am

OK thanks for that Costa :thumbup:

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Why not just park in the other short term car park, the one almost opposite the old T2. The entrance is next to the rental car return entrance. Picking up my daughter yesterday it cost me 1.5e or thereabouts and no hassle. In the past it has cost as little as 60c.

About time to police came and towed away all the cheapskates who have taken to parking on the approach to the car park and blocking the road in order to save a few cents. Better still set fire to them in situ.
Regards

Bob

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:32 pm

That is useful to know. Thank you.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Yes, that longer-stay car park is really cheap, and handy enough.
About time that the company Fain (Mitsubishi) were given the heave for their perpetually faulty travellators, though!

Bob is right about the peasants who park in the rental/carpark approach road. Either Police, or the very slow and all-to-close passing of a huge and heavy vehicle . . . :think:
Chris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

casita-bonita wrote:Why not just park in the other short term car park, the one almost opposite the old T2. The entrance is next to the rental car return entrance. Picking up my daughter yesterday it cost me 1.5e or thereabouts and no hassle. In the past it has cost as little as 60c.

About time to police came and towed away all the cheapskates who have taken to parking on the approach to the car park and blocking the road in order to save a few cents. Better still set fire to them in situ.
Well that aint me. I park and have a coffee and wait for the call. If people are breaking the law I am sure the police will take the opportunity to fine them.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Give the "peasants" a break that's for the police.
It is us who have chose to move to their country so if they have not our wealth we should just leave it.
Thanks for advise in relation to car park, i do not know where it is but will find same.
I am seriously considering using public transport for summer trip as the collecting and drop-off of
hire car wasvery bu sy last week and cant imagine what it be like in July/August...

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 pm

wollie wrote:Give the "peasants" a break . . .
. . . so if they have not our wealth we should just leave it.
The lack of wealth of many of those clogging up that approach road seems to stretch to include people carriers, Range Rovers, Audi's and assorted X3/X5. No, it's not lack of money.
Chris

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 pm

The word "peasant" to me is inappropiate and if you do not want to live among us that's ok.
I do not know any peasants who have Landys/BMW etc...

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:51 am

I'm sure you know, wollie, that there two quite distinct uses of the word - just consult a good dictionary - one perjorative, the other rural.
Confuse the two, and misunderstanding follows.
Chris

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 am

A "first" for the airport yesterday evening . . . Every one of the travellators (moving walkways) was working. Have never seen that before.

Parking in the car park/rental access road continues chaotic, with cars needing to get into those areas having to weave between half-demolished cones and illegally parked cars. As a likely 'private' road, possible that the Police have no responsibility for it.
Chris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 pm

For the first time in years I had to do a drop off/pick up at the airport so thought I'd try out the 'express' drop off carpark.

If you are going to just offload your passenger and then go again I guess that the 15 free minutes is long enough. As the entry barriers are set a little way back from the entrance and there was a queue to get in and difficulty in finding a space, that took me 5 minutes alone. I then went with my OH to see him off in the terminal and used the loo, then by the time I queued again to get out it cost over 3€.

Thinking about what Bob mentioned above, on collecting him I used the ordinary short stay carpark and that only cost 1.40€ so I shall use that if I ever have to do this again (although there was barely a space free and it took me some time to find one). I found the exit on the ground floor a bit tricky as the old exit on the terminal side that I used to use is shut now and I had to go out almost the same way as I went in which I found a bit of a tight turn. Also, on entering that carpark I was stopped by someone in a hi-vis jacket and told to open my boot which I found a bit puzzling as everyone else was just driving in. Not sure what they thought I had in it!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Bit annoying that as if you stay a little more than 15 minutes you also have to pay for the free 15 minutes. Found that out when I dropped my missus off and figured that I would be getting close, possibly slightly overrunning the free 15 minutes.

In the other car park, after you enter it at ground level drive up 2 floors and park. You can then exit on the terminal road opposite the old T2. Simples when you know the trick.

We had our boot checked once some time ago also.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:20 pm

The ground floor was full so I went up one floor and that was almost full too. I thought the 2nd floor would also be busy so I didn't try that, although perhaps I should have. There is a listing of free spaces by the ramps up but I never really stopped to look at them as I whizzed around!!

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Advantage of the 2nd floor is that there's usually space (although 3rd floor can be almost empty), AND you have direct same-floor access to the automatic walkways to Arrivals/terminals.

A couple of weeks ago, every one of the travellators was working - almost unheard-of.
Chris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:05 pm

Been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Upto the third floor both times. Sick of all the tight ass bar stewards who are parking on the approach road because they wont pay a couple of euros to go in the carpark. i could make a fortune with a wheel clamp!! The walk seems to take forever even with the walkways working

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:17 pm

The walkways are the slowest I've ever encountered. Given their history, they've probably been slowed down in an attempt to keep them working.
Chris