Ryanair industrial action July

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

Re: Ryanair industrial action July

Postby wollie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Sid,
You seem to think part of O'Learys brief is Employee rights. i am with the workers on this one but in my opinion when nearly every Country in Europe were doing deals with low-cost Ryanair to bring people to their towns/cities with their "dinero"
Employee contracts should have being discussed and the contracts put in place as per the requirement of the Country, i assume the fact that the contracts are in any European country makes it valid thorought Europe.

"Other companies operating under the same rules manage to do it, why cannot he do it?"
What rule are you referring to? this is the point i am making as it seems to me if there was a rule the contracts be in the Countries where the people live which is as it should be.

This is the job of the people who run and regulate employment in the countries involved, it has nothing to do with Ryanair and O'leary.
I do not agree with what Ryanair are doing but this is how i see it, on the basis of this i think Ryanair likely win this one.
Lack of regulation has created a monster too big to fail as the economies of these places are so reliant on tourist money.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out, I do not think O'Leary be going anywhere until he decides.
Love or hate him he is one of the cleverest operators i have come across....

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:43 pm

So for all the people like TorreDelAguila and Manchesteral are you boycotting Tescos because they use self service checkouts which cost jobs, Barclays Bank who are using less and less real people and rely on self service tills which has cost 1000s of jobs.
I am just wondering if you boycott these bigs companies and use your little corner shop etc and pay over the odds because thats what you are doing buy not using Ryanair.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 pm

Ryanair as a business concept does not attract me, as a customer (or would be if I used them) I expect to be treated with dignity and respect, If I miss a connecting flight, or my fault is delayed through no fault of my own I would expect to be compensated, Ryanair are notorious for not complying with EU rules they are therefore in my opinion *beep* in the face of the customer, for that reason I would not use them, Ryanair's only loyalty is to their shareholders, I am in a position to be able to pay for decent service with a decent company, I use Norwegian a lot and their approach to customer service is among the best in Europe, each to his own and one man's meat etc, meanwhile I *beep* on Ryanair, but then again that's only my opinion :-)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 pm

[quote="Manchesteral"] I am in a position to be able to pay for decent service with a decent company, I use Norwegian a lot and their approach to customer service is among the best in Europe, each to his own and one man's meat etc

Are Norwegian flying from Malaga to the UK again. I used them for flights to Sweden and they were brilliant. The twice I used them from Bham to Malaga the flight was sub contracted out to a 3rd party airline which I had never heard of and both times we were an hour late taking off. I stopped using them for Malaga UK flights but wouldn't hesitate for Sweden etc

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:21 pm

If Ryanair was a French company then i doubt it would ever get off the ground, there would always be industrial action. :lol: :lol:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:39 am

costakid wrote:
Manchesteral wrote: I am in a position to be able to pay for decent service with a decent company, I use Norwegian a lot and their approach to customer service is among the best in Europe, each to his own and one man's meat etc

Are Norwegian flying from Malaga to the UK again. I used them for flights to Sweden and they were brilliant. The twice I used them from Bham to Malaga the flight was sub contracted out to a 3rd party airline which I had never heard of and both times we were an hour late taking off. I stopped using them for Malaga UK flights but wouldn't hesitate for Sweden etc
I rarely fly to Malaga, I spend most of my winter in Gran Canaria, I travel to Sweden and Denmark a number of times in a year and have always found Norwegian among the best for those destinations. From Manchester to Gran Canaria I have used a number of airlines including Jet 2 who are surprisingly efficient and customer orientated, as I stated originally, I refuse to use Ryanair because of their approach to their customers and staff but each to their own.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:45 pm

All this petty one-upmanship over not flying with Ryanair pretty much leaves me cold. The only thing I have against Michael O'Leary is the fact that he does not want the United Kingdom to leave the execrably dysfunctional and corrupt organization currently known as the European Union.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

I don't think it's petty at all, everyone is entitled to make their own choices for their own reasons...If some people can afford to pick and choose then why not? as the OP said each to their own...

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Norwegian no longer fly BHM/AGP but do still fly LGW/AGP. I agree, they are a nice little Airline, we hope one day to use them to go to the States. They are in a spot of difficulty at the moment with cash flow, I notice that IAG have taken a small shareholding...could be ominous!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 pm

We have flown twice with Norwegian to Fort lauderdale. They use the new Dreamliner. Last week I had an offer from them Belfast to new York for just £147 each way. They have started flying to Tampa too, great for the Gulf coast.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm

costakid wrote:So for all the people like TorreDelAguila and Manchesteral are you boycotting Tescos because they use self service checkouts which cost jobs, Barclays Bank who are using less and less real people and rely on self service tills which has cost 1000s of jobs.
I am just wondering if you boycott these bigs companies and use your little corner shop etc and pay over the odds because thats what you are doing buy not using Ryanair.
Agree, if we took into account bad employers, slave labour etc. we would never buy anything. Look at all the bad publicity about Amazon employees but people still buy.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm

As with everything, there are good and bad points. Without Ryanair, I wouldn’t have visited many of the places I have over the last few years. They have often dictated where I have visited because they have made short stays and breaks, not only available but also affordable.

Which company I use to fly back to London depends on timetables as much as cost. Ryanair and Easyjet often suit me because they fly late Friday and return early evening Sunday.I’m flying BA during the early December bank holiday, because they are cheaper plus I can come back Monday morning.

Ryanair are not always the cheapest anyway, you should always check BA or one of the others before you book.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Beachy, is that as opposed to " the execrably dysfunctional and corrupt organisation currently known as " the UK Tory and/or Labour party ?

Parilla

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Brilliant post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

As the old saying goes " They are B*****rds but at least they are our B****rds :mrgreen:

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 pm

I wouldn't call them B****rds.....just total "Nincompoops".

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Parilla, no, that's as well as.

Anyway, back to the plot. My wife is shortly returning from Bournemouth airport with Ryanair. If you want to fly to Bournemouth from Málaga the choice is between Ryanair and Ryanair. I doubt even the most avid practitioner of petty one-upmanship would choose to fly to/from the likes of Bristol or Gatwick just to avoid Ryanair especially if their ultimate destination is less than thirty minutes from Hurn.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:07 pm

It's a bit early in the morning that flight Beach but it does give you a whole extra day when you get there. We were having breakfast in Wetherspoons ,Lagland Street, Poole by 1000 am a few weeks ago, never felt any pain!
Breakfast in The Olive Tree at Hurn on the way back... Feet up our Terrace with a beer by 1430 on return, all in all a very pleasant experience. All flights on time and less than €200 all in ( inc Extra LegRoom!). O'Leary at his best!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Agreed!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Anyway, once I’m under my headphones, I could be flying with any of them.