Ryanair industrial action July

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
maureenscot
Resident

Re: Ryanair industrial action July

Postby maureenscot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:56 pm

We used to have a lot of Ryanair flights from Glasgow but he withdrew most of them earlier this year. I think he fell out with airport but not sure

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am

Was that Glasgow central or Glasgow Dundee international airport. HA HA.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

Haha. Glasgow International no less

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am

Maureen i think you will find Ryanair have a track record of falling out with ?? i remember when they spat their dummy out when Granada refused to keep on subsidising them...Fair enough to subsidise an airline to bring in passengers but when that route is established then they are making their money however it's not all about breaking even or making a profit, it's about how greedy a profit...Business is business but it comes at the cost of merely sending an email to those passengers who have booked their annual holiday to tell them all their flights to Granada have been canceled without a valid explanation as to why they have ruined their holidays...Ryanair, love them or hate them is a risk you take and if it pays off then all well and good...

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Ryanair are meeting with the pilot union today, its time for someone to put a bit of clarity to this...

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Pamela. I agree. It's like Russian roulette that we didn't want to play

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 am

I read on the wire that the talks between Ryanair and the pilots going well.
These talks are between direct Ryanair employees and Ryanair.
I am getting the impression people looking for an out here...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am

Pamela1 wrote:Maureen i think you will find Ryanair have a track record of falling out with ?? i remember when they spat their dummy out when Granada refused to keep on subsidising them...
Reminded me of his Youtube rant about the EU when he called Brussels the evil empire and said innovation stops at Brussels doorway. Bit of a volte face now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HYSsrlcq8

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Ryanair, again displaying the best in customer service :-)

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:57 am

I read on the wire this morn that they have resolved the issues with direct employed pilots.
I am guessing that there be fallow up with contract pilots and cabin crews.

katy thanks for the clip, i did not realize O'Leary was such a good entertainer...

trev-nc

Postby trev-nc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 am

I've made the sad mistake of using Ryan to fly to a wedding in Lake Garda Italy on the 26th of September and returning to Malaga on the 3rd of the 10th Does anyone know inside information as to the likelihood that my long awaited niece's marriage will get her favourite uncle at her wedding. If the probability is high I can look for an alternative. Thanking You in anticipation

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:55 am

If it's not Ryanair on strike it could still be various countries' air traffic controllers on strike. For us that was worse as we had no comeback when our flight was cancelled .... unless we fancied suing the French unions!

I have several flights coming up (not with Ryanair) but now wonder if I am going to get there/get home again without delays. Spain and Italy ATC had threatened strikes this year, together with Vueling pilots, so not all delays are caused by Ryanair.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Ryanair saying they are not liable for compensation re strikes

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I have taken 4 Ryanair Flights over the summer with no problem with delays or cancellations.
I never reserve my seat because I'm not bothered who sits next to me.
The strange thing with the large group of students because we bought the tickets at various times and the policy of having to reserve seats, we still had students sitting next to each over, even though they were on different res. numbers.

On the flight to and from London we changed seats on the flight, my wife just moved to the empty seat that was next to me.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Maureen,
As far as i know they are responsible and refund all payments.
I think there possibility Donald replacing Micho....

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 pm

I read that thousands of Ryanair compensation cheques have bounced incurring charges for the recipient.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am

katy wrote:I read that thousands of Ryanair compensation cheques have bounced incurring charges for the recipient.
190 were unsigned out of 20,000 and they have been reissued.
maureenscot wrote:Ryanair saying they are not liable for compensation re strikes
They are not responsible for paying the EU compensation when it is a strike by someone else such as the French ATC ones this summer (that affected us), but I believe they are if it's their own staff that strikes.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Yet another change in 10 kg bags in cabin from November. £6 to take in cabin, £10 to check in. Max 95 cabin bags per flight. All to speed up boarding and deplaning.

I think the industrial action is now over.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 pm

What it actually says:
Following changes in January this year, the low-cost carrier has said non-priority passengers will no longer be permitted to take a small suitcase on its planes for free.

Charges for a ten-kilogram case will be introduced in November.

The earlier has seen passengers allowed to hand in their smaller cases for loading in the hold for free at the boarding gate.

However, this was still causing delays, Ryanair said, and would be scrapped.

Ryanair said a lower cost of £8 would be introduced to check in a ten-kilogram bag.

Priority customers will be able to bring two free carry-on bags – one ten-kilogram wheelie bag and one small bag.

Some 60 per cent of Ryanair customers will be unaffected by this bag policy change, the carrier said, since a third of customers already buy priority boarding.

A further 30 per cent already travel with only one free carry-on bag.

Ryanair expects that of the remaining 40 per cent of (non-priority) customers affected by this new policy, most will either switch to priority boarding or will switch to traveling with one free (small) carry-on bag only, and others will buy the lower cost ten-kilogram checked bag.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 pm

The article I read said the free carry on bag would be increased to 20 litres. I presume that would still go under seat.

Anyway it is changing yet again and miscreants will be charged £25 to have their bag put in the hold.