Santander Ferry Terminal

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtrees40

Santander Ferry Terminal

Postby ashtrees40 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

Hello to you,
I’m new to this site and am looking for a bit of advice. I will be taking my car on the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander. As I have never driven on the “wrong” side of the road before and, as it will be almost dark by the time I arrive at Santander my son has decided to meet me at the port to drive me to his house in Barcelona.
My question is does anyone know of a stopping point or meeting point when exiting the port at Santander, I don’t want to end up on the motorway then having to find my way back. Sorry to sound like a wus but I’m getting on a bit and all this is new to me.

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Santander Ferry Terminal

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:03 pm

From memory you can walk in to the port. I think your son could meet you after you pass through customs/police and before you get to the exit. I’m assuming son will be on foot. Best if he phones the port - they all speak English.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:21 pm

There are meeting points once you are through customs. I would Google earth/ walk it and find a cafe next to the terminal.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi ashtrees40,
Best if you can meet after Customs, then you can drive out through the rest of the Port straight on to the Motorway, If you meet outside you will have the Town traffic to deal with and it can be heavy and slow.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ashtrees40

Postby ashtrees40 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks everyone.