Tourism

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

Re: Tourism

Postby wollie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:45 am

The tourist numbers have increased every year to Spain since about 2010 and more in the last few years with turmoil in Turkey and other places, i seen this morning on TV that tourists were returning to Tunisia.
I am guessing they can make prediction by flight sales in advance for next summer as all airlines that i use have already released flights for next summer.
I doubt if there be a dip of 25% as seems too dramatic in one year, something like 10% would seem more realistic to me. It not bother me if there is abit of a dip as i am paying at least 50% more for flights than i was 5 years ago, also Malaga Airport can be crazy.
I am not sure if this post is overall tourism or British tourists, i have it written so i will post...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 am

From the Guardian.

Spain is the top destination for British tourists, with 18 million people visiting in 2016, but increased demand is straining resources and prices may rise by ... GfK reported a record number of British tourists had visited Spain in ...

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:32 am

That ties in with ONS figures, just a bill/mill mixup in the statistica website. That's individual trips, not nights stayed (av 10, if interested) which was a fair bit higher than I was expecting. It's absolutely rocketed in the last 20 years and the vast majority of it going Spain's way (France has declined slightly). If there is a bit of a slowdown (25% does sound like a whopping drop to me, not sure if that will transpire) there have been a fair number of fatted calves in the meantime. Talking Joseph's dreamcoat, not the Brits in shorts variety.