Jet2

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Jet2

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:31 pm

This topic has been covered before but in case anyone didn't see it or any newbies are not aware then i'm posting my experience of what happened when i tried to book one way flights from Malaga to Newcastle yesterday.

I couldn't get tickets with the same airline because my return date and especially the time of return was not suitable with the schedule of the other airlines, so it was a matter of having to do two separate bookings which i didn't mind. The day before yesterday i loaded the Jet 2 website using google to view flight dates and price etc, yesterday i went back to make a booking and discovered the price had increased by 25 euros per seat and because i wanted to book 2 seats that was now an extra 50 euros.. So i loaded internet explorer and hey presto the flight price was the same as the day before. I had heard that they track people but i am now convinced they certainly do.I don't think i have saved 50 euros by checking with internet explorer, all i have done is avoid the inflated increase but there will be many who fall foul of it.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Jet2

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm

always use private browsing when comparing prices online. You will leave a cookie otherwise.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Can work both ways though, leave the cookies and look at a rival airline or go back later. I was booking BA to Miami after checking Virgin. Slept on it and booked BA the next day for £120 less for two. Not sure how it works, could be luck...or not.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Yes, Pamela, and Easyjet also hoiks the flight price up if you go back using the same browser in the same session. Also (apols, I mentioned this on another thread but relevant here), Jet2 have a useful 25% discount if booking seat, case and meal but apply it to the whole party. My wife wants the whole package, I just want to sit down. So I had two tabs running concurrently to just limit my booking to flight+seat but the website was alert to it and forced the whole package on both of us. Problem solved: book Mrs Bass on Chrome whilst booking mine on Opera - seats together, 25% off for her, just the basics for me.