Rincon De la Victoria? Accomodation for 8 nights.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lucas7

Rincon De la Victoria? Accomodation for 8 nights.

Postby Lucas7 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi there,

New to the forum and I've enjoyed reading this forum for the last few months.

I'm after a little bit of advice, I'm taking my mother away for a 8 day trip at the end of April - early May. We've spent a few weeks in Malaga a few years ago and I liked it although she wasn't a fan as it was a little too busy and 'city like' for her. We both like being in traditional Spanish towns where there are less British and tourists. I know if you go West of Malaga you're hit with Marbella etc which I believe are very British and touristy and we want to avoid that. So would it be possible to get some advice on some places which may suit our criteria?

One which has cropped up is Rincon De la Victoria. This looks nice as we are after a town so we are in walking distance to shops etc. We also don't want to be in a quiet small village. Any thoughts on this?

Also in terms of accommodation, we are after a 2 bedroom place in this (or the area we decide on) place and would appreciate options on how to find a reasonably priced property. I've searched the typical 'AirBNB' and it seems very expensive for this time of year.

Thanks in advance. Lucas.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Re: Rincon De la Victoria? Accomodation for 8 nights.

Postby gavilan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 pm

going east from Rincon and if you want to stay on the coast ... there is Torre del Mar, Nerja, Maro (the last may be a bit too small)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm

I was in Rincon today for lunch. The town has everything you need and you can get by without a car. The bus number 160 runs every 20 minutes into Malaga. Well connected working town. I would look at local estate agents for a rental although I think the time of your stay may be a bit short for a rental. Airbnb seems to be the favourite at the moment. Also look at La Cala next door to Rincon. Airbnb seems cheaper there.

Lucas7

Postby Lucas7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 am

Thank you both for the replies. I’ll look into your suggestions and try find a suitable rental.

Lucas

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Also Antequera inland is lovely as are the villages round about it