Granada City Traffic Fine

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
telboy
Resident

Granada City Traffic Fine

Postby telboy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:47 am

Received a notification from out post office, a document I had to sign for. It was a traffic fine for driving in Granada City on a street solely for authorised vehicles, buses & taxis etc. I didn't really notice the sign as I was busy trying to avoid 20,000 college students weaving their way in and out traffic lanes. The notification had a photo of my car and stated where, when and what time this happened. At the time I was sourcing city hotels for some UK friends who were planning a city break and wanted to be in the city centre. I wonder what happens if your hotel is on one of these restricted roads. :wtf:

The fine was 56€ but I paid 28€ because I settled within the 3 week grace.

terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Granada City Traffic Fine

Postby olive » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Good question. I guess you could tackle the system and get it annulled .

We had success with getting our Dart crossing late payment fine quashed. I suspect most people just capitulate and pay.

We got a bus lane infringement fine in Granada a few years back outside Corte Ingles going into the underground car park. Since then haven't actively gone into the city anymore. If I need to will park at Sierra Nevada shopping and use the tram.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Granada is a nightmare. Lots of people who are staying in the city get fined when trying to locate there hotels.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Brother in law from Madrid just hates driving in Granada...

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm

When I went for a few days to Granada, within the restricted area, I told the hotel that I would be arriving by car and using their parking facilities.
They asked for my registration number so they could inform the authorities that I would be entering the restricted area and using their parking facilities.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Good info Gerry..

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Same in Cordoba.

Sid

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:49 am

Gerry & Costa Kid - As a matter of course hotels located in an area you mentioned should ask if you are arriving by private car!

Olive - Trying to get it annulled, probably more trouble than it's worth.

I don't have a sat nav don't know if these devices make you aware of restricted areas, though it would be a good service if google maps highlighted roads with restrictions.

cheers terry

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am

My sat nav, Copilot Live on my Android phone,when I entered my destination, told me that I would be entering a restricted zone.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Brother in law from Madrid just hates driving in Granada...
Ironic really, I got a fine driving in a restricted street in the centre of Madrid two summers ago, pre- badge days.
I had come out of a car park and my destination from there was Granada.
In Granda I stayed in the hotel Center, plenty of free street parking (I stayed over a weekend before continuing my journey to Malaga so there might have been charges outside these times) with easy walking distance to the city centre.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Yes Mark ironic, i was a little surprised when he said he hated driving in Granada having come from the big city of Madrid but there you go, i put it down to familiarity and what he's used to.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am

To redress the balance, I parked in an official Preston parking spot, bought the ticket, left on time, turned right (left is bollards) and went home.

Got a photo of me at the top of the street I turned right onto and a fine. I emailed them, "After parking in your metered space, where else could I possibly have gone?" Their reply was, "You have 14 days to pay before the fine is doubled. The reply to your request for information will take 15-20 days in this busy period."

So I paid the half-price. Months later, someone else challenged and the courts ordered that fines be repaid. Did I see my money back? Of course not.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:34 pm

I had a fine, but it was only € 30.00. I just paid it and didnt worry about it. They must make a fortune hahaa
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.