Portugal holidays

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gibgirls

Portugal holidays

Postby gibgirls » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:52 am

We are looking to go to Portugal over Christmas (Alvor/Praia Da Rocha region). We are slightly concerned that maybe nowhere will be open and there may not be much to do (have two small children). Does anyone have any advise on best place to head for and what there will be to do.

Thank you

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:22 pm

Try a message board for Portugal maybe? Might yield more results than on here.

gibgirls

Postby gibgirls » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:46 am

Does anyone know of a similar site to this for us to find out information on Portugal?

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:55 am

how about portugal dot com for starters...

k
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby k » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:48 pm

If you are after almost guaranteed weather, guaranteed everywhere open, the Canaries are the better option

k
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby k » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:10 pm

Sorry, submitted b4 I finished.
I have been to Portugal 'out of season' and it feels quiet, changeable weather, not so many children. It's great if you can prop up the bar all day but the kids complain of being bored for some strange reason !
The canaries, you have the weather and at xmas it is where billions of people with billions of noisy children head, but, (you can still prop up the bar) everywhere is open and the children are entertained.
The downfall is the cost, the Canaries are expensive, especially late bookings. I think if you choose de Rocha, the children will not be so entertained, I personally would look at Albufera or Praia dora (spellings?) if you stick with Portugal.

bakeke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bakeke » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi,

Try posting on the Portugal forum at holidaytruths.co.uk.

Good luck!

Kelly
Kelly