El Retiro

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
alisonb
Resident

El Retiro

Postby alisonb » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:29 pm

A few years ago I went to a place called El Retiro which I think was on the Coin road from Malaga.

I tried to find it again last year, but the only thing I could find where I thought it should have been was a building site.

It was a wonderful place - lots of birds in cages, but when you got past them, the gardens were fabulous, and when you got right to the end, there was an Italianate garden which you could miss, cos it was sort of over the edge of a cliff.

I think I saw something in one of the papers about it opening again. Does anyone know what's happening with it?
AlisonB

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 pm

hi there

sorry can't help too much as I have never been here but did find this info on another website:

El Retiro 4 Gardens-Birds Coin-Churrianna 09:00-20:30 All Year 952621600

Hope this helps

Sassy

festival
Andalucia.com Amigo

El Retiro

Postby festival » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:59 pm

I think all the help can be found here, you will notice its changed its name
to SENDA el Retiro http://www.sendaelretiro.com/ingles/principal.htmro or telephone No. 952623540 Have fun

alisonb
Resident

El Retiro

Postby alisonb » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:32 am

Thanks for info. Good website for it. Mind you, when I got to the fees, it's 20 euros per adult. It was about 5 last time I went. Looks as if it might have turned into a bit of a Disneyland.

Still, since himself is about to be in receipt of his pension (5 euros discount), we will give it a go and see if it's worth it
AlisonB

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:55 am

From Vinuela, come down to N340 and pass airport on righthand side. Take next right for Coin through Churriana. Go to roundabout at top, straight across as if for Alhaurin Torre. Its on the right hand side about 4 kiklometers up. There is a large pointer sign opposite the entrance.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.