Car rental

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Midnight Rambler

Car rental

Postby Midnight Rambler » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Anyone tell me the name of a reliable and straight car hire firm in the Seville area, preferably to pick up at airport, thanks! sorry I meant including webaddresses and phone numbers etc, thanks again! :)

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Carjet are really good and supply car hire to Sevilla airport as far as i know.

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:27 am

quite agree :lol:

carjet are excellent and the prices good. we have used them for our past half dozen or so trips and all went well. they broke rentals with various firms and you can pick up from various locations etc. 8)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:01 pm

Be aware that carjet.co and carjet.com sometimes have different prices. Check both just in case. Either way they're the cheapest i've used.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:42 pm

Carjet use CROWN in many locations automatically. At Seville airport, the Crown desk is normally efficiently run without too much of a wait, unlike at Malaga. One thing that the Crown people have now been doing is to charge for a full tank of 'gas' which tends to be more than the actual cost, and then ask for it to be returned empty. That's ok if you are hiring for a longish period but not if you only want a car for short journeys ! I think though that it all depends on the comparative rental costs between all car companies and the apparent low price of renting through Carjet. Wish I had time to do a comparison test.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:43 pm

Was reading about "email car hire co." and was looking to see what their fuel policy was and came across this,
According to the Spanish Ministry of Internal Affairs, it is the driver's responsability to carry the mandatory reflective jacket, for this reason our suppliers do not provide reflective jackets in the vehicle.
That's not normal is it? Do they expect you to arrive carrying a reflective jacket in your hand luggage? :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?