Directions from Malaga Airport 2 Mijas Costa

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
janey
Tourist

Directions from Malaga Airport 2 Mijas Costa

Postby janey » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:48 pm

Is there any good spainish route planners, having problems using RACs, it can't even find Malaga Airport!!!!!! Flying out this Sunday and starting to panic that i won't find my accomodation in Mijas Costa!

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 am

Try Multimap. www.multimap.com

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:40 am

where are you looking for on mijas costa

janey
Tourist

Postby janey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:48 am

i am looking for urb Marina Del Sol. Multimap doesnt help, seems to have problems in zooming in, so just gives us a basic direction, not much help. I just need to know basically to get to there by road signs.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:11 pm

i don't know that urb but on leaving the airport there is a roundabout, go sraight over that and get into the right hand lane. you will join a dual carriageway, follow that until you see a sign to bare right onto the motorway ( signed algeciras and fuengirola). follow that motorway for about 12 miles and you come to the toll road, keep to the right and do not go on the tollroad. you are now on the old n340. continue passed fuengirola and you will see the castle on your left. mijas costa starts here and is probally about 7 miles long. On leaving the airport make sure you don't head in the direction of Malaga and you will be ok. good luck.

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Try www.viamichelin.es you can switch the language to English if you wish. You can find a map and or plot driving directions etc I use this all the time and it has never failed me yet ........ Good luck .... bring some wellies though .... its fairly raining at the moment!

Steph

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:39 pm

According to a map of the urbanisations that I have, Marina del Sol is just past Fuengirola, near El Faro (which is just past the castle mentioned by Costa kid), but set a little bit further back from the N340.

Good luck.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

janey
Tourist

Postby janey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:43 pm

thank you all for your help, surely i couldn't miss a huge castle?! Cant wait to get on my flight tomorrow morning, wellies not included in suitcase!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Janey,

If you try this link
http://callejero.paginasamarillas.es/fl ... &Ops=Vacio

You will find a street map of Fuengirola. You can zoom in and out and if you keep scanning to the left of the map you will get to the Sohail Castle and, subsequently, Mijas Costa.

Good luck and enjoy!

Gus

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:32 pm

If its any help, the castle [which is not that big, and certainly very small in the dark] is directly opposite all the signs to the Costa del Sol racecourse signposted as the Hippodrome [which is a right turn off the N340]
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.