Buses from Malaga Bus Station

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
campo babe
Resident

Buses from Malaga Bus Station

Postby campo babe » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:47 pm

I flew back from a few days in the UK last week and decided to try the bus back instead of asking hubby to drive to the Airport.

The bus to Malaga Bus Station only cost 1 euro and there was room to stow bags etc.

When I got to the Bus Station I found an enquiry desk, and although I could probably have managed in Spanish it was a change to find the girl spoke some English. She told me there was a bus going to Velez Malaga which had one stop in Rincon de la Victoria, and it was leaving almost immediately.

I found the bus and the driver asked me for 1 euro 15 cents. A girl at the bus stop had told me that the bus stopped at the Hotel Elimar. Unfortunately I couldn't remember such a hotel in Rincon but kept my eyes skimmed to see where we were going.

At Rincon it stopped by the library and Burger King on the seafront, which is very central in Rincon,(This is where my husband had expected to meet me) but the driver told me I couldn't get off here!! I stayed on the bus and we went further east and the bus stopped outside the Hotel Elimar and I was able to get off.

I phoned my husband and he picked me up.

On looking at my ticket it says Billete Sencillo.

Does anyone know what this means and why I couldn't get off at a different stop?

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Buses from Malaga Bus Station

Postby Nige » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:38 pm

campo babe wrote: A girl at the bus stop had told me that the bus stopped at the Hotel Elimar. ,,,,,,,,,,,At Rincon it stopped by the library and Burger King on the seafront, which is very central in Rincon,but the driver told me I couldn't get off here!! I stayed on the bus and we went further east and the bus stopped outside the Hotel Elimar and I was able to get off.
Billete Sencillo is a Single journey ticket (Billete Ida y vuelta is a return ticket)
You say that the bus 'stopped' by the library and Burger King but you don't say if anyone got on and off or if the driver opened the door? :lol:
If people got on or off, had you by any chance said to the driver earlier that you were going to Hotel Elimar because the girl at the bus station told you that it went to the Hotel Elimar? And the driver thought that you really wanted to alight at the Elimar? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? (or just barking mad?) :lol:

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:34 am

Hello Nige

I asked for Rincon when I got on the bus. The lady at the bus station told me it only stopped once in Rincon.

I tried to get off at the library, but I had to ask the drive for my bag in the luggage compartment and he then told me I couldn't get off there. Lots of people got on, I don't think anyone got off.

I see your point about misunderstanding that I wanted to go to the Hotel Elimar. The strange thing is the bus stopped twice and not once in Rincon.

I was also told in the bus station that the buses to Rincon go from the Port bus stop. So next time maybe I should get a transfer to the Port and then a bus to Rincon.

Anyway, it was very cheap.

Barbara
Last edited by campo babe on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:09 am

i get the train from the airport then walk to the bus terminal. the bus goes to rincon every half hour. on the front it says malaga, rincon, cotomar. total cost of both journeys is €2.30. the taxi is €35